As a company, Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Come join us and be one who empowers billions. Be part of a team which values collaboration and influence for impact. Microsoft’s enterprise commercial business serves our largest customers, by helping them maximize the digital transformation opportunity using Microsoft's suite of enterprise cloud offerings. Across every role, our job is simple: put the customer first and show them the world of possibilities digital technology can offer. We believe in what people make possible.
Strategic Account Executive
A role like this may very well be the pinnacle of your career. Be part of a dynamic, world-class community that will enable you to learn, collaborate, and contribute with the top minds in the industry. You will build and foster strategic relationships with the c-suites of the most impactful brands in manufacturing and will be at the forefront of their digital transformations. The successful candidate will provide the executive presence for the customer relationships and play a critical role in driving the customer's digital transformation journey. As the Strategic Account Executive, you will maximize customer/Microsoft relationships to drive enterprise solutions within the customer. This position will be filled with an experienced, professional account executive and communicator who is comfortable in front of large groups as well as leading a large global team through influence, and together you will challenge things that were never thought possible.
This job will provide you:
- An opportunity to drive change with your customer to do business like never before in a new and transformational way
- A forum to co-create the art of the possible
- The chance to lead world-class, diverse teams of digital transformation advisors, engineers, architects, and delivery teams who all have a vested interest in the customer
The Strategic Account Executive will be responsible for the following:
- Business Strategy- Understand the customer’s business, business strategy and industry direction and manage a long term, sustainable business portfolio.
- Digital transformation – Disrupt the mindset of customers and sales teams by bringing innovative ideas that showcase case for change and Microsoft’s unique value proposition.
- Relationship Building – Expand strategic customer relationships to drive larger impact for the customer and to deliver business outcomes.
- Chief People Leadership – Mobilize, orchestrate, mentor and lead the Microsoft Account Team, partners and customer in order to help solidify the path to the complex yet exciting journey that is digital transformation.
- Business Development Artistry – Responsible for articulating the joint business plan and business opportunity generation with continuous learning and improvement in the manufacturing industry.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- 5+ years of building strategic business partnerships through selling or consulting with enterprise customers. Equally considered will be 5+ years of experience driving digital transformation from within the enterprise customer
- Bachelor’s degree or MBA preferred; or equivalent experience
- Experience in influence-without-authority (networking / orchestration with 50+ internal and external people) in global environments
- Demonstrated ability to understand how to run a business and commercial models (including, but not limited to, portfolio management, P&L ownership, business planning)
- Embody “we-before-me” mindset
- Manufacturing industry mastery is required
At Microsoft, we believe that diversity enriches our performance and products, the communities where we live and work, and the lives of our employees. As our workforce evolves to reflect the growing diversity of our communities and the global marketplace, our efforts to understand, value, and incorporate differences become increasingly important. Come explore diversity at Microsoft!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.