The Outdoor Lab Foundation (OLF) was founded in 2003 to spearhead strategic decision-making and fundraising efforts on behalf of the Jefferson County Outdoor Lab Schools. Outdoor Lab’s programming is a rigorous and scaffolded experience tied to JeffCo’s overall curriculum and aims to develop stewardship of self, community, and environment. It engages all Jefferson County sixth-grade students (approximately 6,000 per year) in an immersive, residential, weeklong environmental and civic education experience. Outdoor Lab manages two historic campuses nestled in the Front Range Mountains and, throughout its impressive history, almost 400,000 students have attended the program.
Strategic Partnerships Manager Introduction:
OLF seeks a Strategic Partnerships Manager who will work in concert with the Executive Director to maintain and enhance OLF’s consistent and strategic communications with donors, prospective donors and other key stakeholders. The Strategic Partnerships Manager initiates and develops relationships with, and secures donations from, corporate sponsors and foundations specifically. The Manager will work with the broader OLF team, board of directors, and VIP networks to grow OLF’s community of supporters. Lastly, the position will be the lead coordinator or our most important fundraising event – After Dark scheduled for September 24th, 2021 in Golden.
- Coordinate with the Executive Director on the management of a growing corporate sponsor and foundation portfolio.
- Develop moves management strategies and activities for specific funders and keep Executive Director and other influencers on task.
- Coordinate with the Executive Director on a communications strategy for the overall organization.
- Plan will achieve appropriate outreach to OLF’s various donor cohorts – Corporations, Foundation, and Individual Donors.
- Position will work closely with contracted marketing agency to ensure brand is in line with goals and metrics are met.
- Collaborate with Outdoor Lab site directors to build and maintain a library of stories, quotes, photos, etc. for various marketing uses: social media posts, newsletters, press releases, video, print materials, etc.
- Lead the development, planning and execution of our signature fundraising event – After Dark.
- Develop a strategy to ensure events have appropriate levels of time and resources dedicated to their professional execution.
- Coordinate with staff where appropriate to cover high profiles events.
- Collaborate with the OLF staff to identify key volunteers who can step in as reliable spokespeople and representatives for Outdoor Lab and OLF events that are lower profile or can be managed without staff.
- Annual Benefit Dinner designed to raise at least $100,000 and attract 200-300 individual attendees.
- Work with the OLF team to create formal requests, concept papers, stewardship communications, grant reports, and promotional materials.
- Maintains accurate database records in Bloomerang and coordinate with the Executive Director and Administrative Coordinator on data management and ensure good record hygiene.
- Execute appropriate corporate sponsor recognition plan, including processing thank you letters, annual report lists, social media website appreciation, recognition at events, etc.
- Maintain professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality in relationships with all stakeholders.
- Ensure a prompt response to and regular communication with corporate sponsors, foundation contacts, and other influencers through written correspondence, telephone contact, personal contact, and e-mail.
- Generate donor database reports and analyze data as needed.
- Collaborate with Executive Director on annual budget creation, revenue forecasting, and expense management.
- Bachelor’s degree 3+ years progressive development experience.
- Personal and professional values consistent with OLF’s mission, values, and principles.
- Outstanding interpersonal and written communication skills with ability to write for different audiences and for various purposes.
- High-end events management experience.
- An understanding of fundraising principles and practices, and a demonstrated high level of professionalism, collegiality, and self-motivation.
- Able to work effectively in a dynamic environment – problem solver, flexible and adaptable
- Independent worker and cooperative team member.
- Donor database experience – Bloomerang experience preferred.
- Comfortable giving and receiving feedback.
- Ability to prioritize his/her work and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to inspire passion for our program.
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service to donors and community stakeholders.
- Ability to manage high level contacts with staff, board members, business professionals, and individual donors with a friendly, professional demeanor.
- Experience in marketing or nonprofit communications.
- Excellent customer service, written, verbal and communication skills to provide timely and accurate responses to internal staff and external partners.
- Demonstrated ability to write effectively and accurately to tell stories.
- Strong computer skills – Microsoft Office and Bloomerang (donor database) experience preferred.
Please send cover letter and resume to Bryan Martin, Executive Director by April 30th.
Email only firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference your candidacy by placing “Strategic Partnerships Manager” in the subject line.
Anticipated salary range for this position – $45,000 – $55,000 per year.