The Senior Associate Director of Development III (Sr. ADOP III) is a new senior fundraising position within The Nature Conservancy in Colorado and will provide strategic, inspired leadership to a team of out the door fundraising staff in addition to managing a small portfolio of donors and prospects. The Sr. ADOP III reports to and works closely with the Director of Philanthropy (DOP) to manage members of the Colorado program’s fundraising team and to secure a team goal of $10M-$20M per year in philanthropic resources for our mission.
The Sr. ADOP III is charged with:
Philanthropy Leadership (50%)
- Manage up to six out-the-door fundraising staff who are responsible for raising outright, complex and deferred gifts from individual donors and prospects.
- Foster productivity, accountability and job satisfaction for direct and in-direct reports through the regular use of performance metrics, portfolio reviews, and donor strategy sessions.
- Promote collaboration among and across philanthropy team within Colorado, with other chapters and with philanthropy staff at the World Office.
- Accountable for $10M-20M team fundraising goal per year.
Major & Principal Gifts Fundraising (50%)
- Manage a portfolio of up to 30 accounts consisting of trustees, donors and prospects with a focus on 6- and 7-figure donors with a goal of raising $2M or more annually. Responsible for prospect identification and qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. Responsible for direct asks for both global and local priorities to meet funding needs.
- Understand organizational and project financials, have an advanced knowledge of charitable giving, and discuss complex charitable options with donors. S/he will discuss assets proficiently and listen for opportunities for gifts of assets or other non-cash gifts, such as planned gifts and trade lands.
- Liaises with various individuals, teams and business units across The Nature Conservancy, senior management, trustees, committees, and external consultants at the state, regional and global levels.