The Venue Sales Associate is a brand ambassador for the Denver Botanic Gardens Chatfield Farms representing our unique offerings to all guests and prospective clients. This position provides support to the Private Events Department in a fast paced, rustic environment in the capacity of an on-site contact for all assigned events. This includes but is not limited to weddings, receptions, corporate and internal events. In addition to working all assigned events, this position will be responsible for leading sales tours of the facility, assisting with the implementation of departmental sales strategies and moving assigned sales leads through each stage of the sales process, from initial inquiry to close and successful event initiation. Additional responsibilities include account management, contract negotiation, and achieving revenue goals including on-site sales calls.
Areas of Responsibility
Essential job Duties:
- Acts as brand ambassador for the Denver Botanic Gardens at Chatfield Farms representing our unique offerings to all guests and prospective clients.
- Serve as an on-site venue representative and is present of all assigned functions/rentals and maintains a positive, pro-active, solution-oriented demeanor when responding to or serving clients, members, visitors and staff.
- Responsible for accomplishing and consistently meeting or exceeding established sales goals.
- Responsible for completing on-site sales tours, site visits, walk-throughs, and event implementation.
- Moving assigned sales leads through each stage of the sales process through successful completion of the event.
- Cultivate and maintain positive and professional client relationships.
- Promptly respond to phone and email inquiries on a daily basis.
- Create proposals, contracts, and detailed floorplans for clients.
- Consistently meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Ensures the safe and efficient oversight of clients’ events.
- Notifies security and senior management of any unusual circumstances/safety issues that may occur.
- Follows up with client to determine all event goals were met.
Other Job Duties:
- Works with Event Coordinator to ensure all events are set properly, per the clients’ contract, and any last-minute adjustments are incorporated to the satisfaction of the client.
- Works with Event Coordinator to ensure deliveries are being sent to the correct locations, including but not limited to flowers, liquor, dance floors, tables and chairs.
- Responsible for gathering all data from the event to complete required paperwork and reporting.
- Maintains a satisfactory, positive working relationship with managers, co-workers, clients and others.
- Ensures all policies and procedures in the Denver Botanic Gardens at Chatfield Farms are adhered to.
- Performs other duties as requested by management, including but not limited to clearing phone lines, data entry and completing minor administrative duties.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in marketing, public relations, recreation and tourism, hospitality, business administration;
- or minimum three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience including private event coordination and private event sales.
- A minimum 1 year wedding planning and sales experience is preferred.
- Strong knowledge Windows compatible computer equipment, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook software.
- Financial Edge software knowledge is a plus.
- Excellent written, spoken and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills and extreme attention to detail plus excellent verbal and customer service skills.
- Must maintain a flexible schedule and be available early mornings, night, weekends and holidays depending on events schedule.
- Ability to manage and organize multiple large events/priorities at same time.
$15.00 – $16.40 per hour + commission.
Major benefits include choice of medical plans, dental, vision and life insurance, medical and daycare Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Healthcare Spending Account (HSA) ; a generous retirement plan plus paid holidays, vacation, personal and sick time and access to personal lines of insurance. Additional benefits include short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), an ECO pass and a complimentary Denver Botanic Gardens membership, access to Gardens education classes and summer concert tickets.
How To Apply
To apply click the link: