· Develops and implements membership marketing plans in conjunction with membership staff, state affiliates and the appropriate volunteer leaders.
· Leads membership recruitment and renewal efforts.
· Maintains and strengthens relationships with state affiliate staff and volunteer leadership.
· Leads strategy for NCBA’s producer education initiatives and beef industry sustainability initiatives.
· Provides support for marketing NCBA’s membership and producer education programs to allied industry partners and sponsors.
· Serves on NCBA’s Senior Leadership Team.
· Works closely with NCBA’s Chief Financial Officer to ensure transparent revenue and expense budget management and the development of membership reports and analysis.
· Provides leadership to the membership and producer education staff.
· Makes reports to appropriate staff, affiliates and volunteer leadership. Develops and implements strategies to correct problems when they arise.
· Works with the NCBA Executive Director, Human Resources, to screen, hire, develop, manage and evaluate staff reporting to this position.
· Assists the NCBA CEO and other senior management team members on matters that may pertain to NCBA and its strategic plan. Is responsible for implementation of the membership and producer education parts of NCBA’s strategic plan.
· Responsible for ensuring that all administrative procedures and policies are adhered to.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates must possess a minimum of 15 years of management experience with a bachelor’s degree in marketing, agribusiness, ag communications or related field. Strong organization and supervisory skills are a must. Qualified candidate with an agriculture background and work experience is highly preferred. Knowledge about the economics and practices of beef production is required. Position requires strong relationship building and collaboration skills, history building strong industry partnerships. Position requires ability to manage staff and provide leadership in execution of programs and projects. Candidate must also possess strong oral and written communications skills. Travel for this position is estimated at 35%. Position is based in the Denver office.