At ULA, success comes through the efforts of a strong, united team.
Thanks for your interest in United Launch Alliance, the world’s most experienced and reliable space launch company!
Successfully launching more than 140 consecutive missions doesn’t just happen. It’s credit to the commitment of our 2,500 team members and the systems and processes we use to pull them together.
As a ULA employee, you’ll have the opportunity to grow in your career while working in a team-oriented culture that combines technology, innovation, ingenuity and a commitment to the extraordinary.
Together, our unshakable unity yields stronger solutions and better results as we carry out our mission to save lives, explore the universe, and connect the world.
Our team is excited to meet you!
Your Role: What you'll be doing
We're seeking a media generalist to work on various creative initiatives related to audio + video capture, social media, brand expansion, and related events + production. You'll help record, edit, and publish content with ULA’s Strategic Communications team.
- This multi-skilled, tech-savvy position acts as a videographer, editor, and coordinator of content for ULA’s social media platforms.
- Works with the Digital Content and Social Media teams to fulfill video and photo assignments that support and enhance branding and editorial objectives.
- Responsible for supporting the creation of various content for internal and external use, including launch broadcast packages, social, tradeshow, all-employee, and town hall meetings.
- The ideal candidate has an eye for composition and framing is comfortable conducting in-studio and on-location shoots, including but not limited to transporting, setting up, and operating various production equipment, including cameras, audio and video recorders, lighting equipment, props, and microphones.
- Check out our social and our video work: United Launch Alliance – YouTube
- Please be prepared to submit a portfolio.
Your Background: What education and experience you'll need
Requires a bachelor’s degree and 0-2 years of experience.
Your Background: What skills you'll need
- Experience setting up and operating high-end cameras, lighting, and sound equipment.
- In-depth knowledge of the latest camera equipment, emerging visual technologies, and online social media trends.
- Patience for problem-solving and continuous improvement working in harsh environments, such as rocket launch pads.
- Ability to manage, preserve, and help maintain studio and field equipment.
- Ability to compose compelling stories around rocket scientists, rocket building and rocket launching.
- Proficiency in editing using Adobe Premiere, Audition and After Effects to polish video color and sound, as well as incorporate graphics.
- Understanding of best export and encoding practices for delivery across a wide range of channels.
Social Media/Media Management
- Strong familiarity with nuances in posting on Instagram, Threads, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Obsession with the latest social + cultural video trends.
- Ability to monitor and facilitate ULA social accounts.
- Ability to develop, organize and manage a complete asset library of photos, videos and b-roll.
- You approach new projects and challenges with enthusiasm, energy, and a can-do attitude.
- Willingness to learn from industry experts.
- Flexibility to travel and to work a variety of sometimes long and unique hours (including weekends).
- An excellent communicator, outstanding collaborator, and team player.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines, while maintaining attention to detail.
- Ability to move up to 50 pounds.
Summary Salary Range (Colorado Only)
$52,069 – $81,294
Please note that the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon a candidate’s experience and qualifications, as well as internal equity, market and business considerations. Employees may be eligible for a discretionary annual bonus in addition to base pay.
About ULA: What makes us different
Because we understand launch success comes through the collective efforts of a team, we seek the best to join us. We value ethics, ingenuity, diversity and professional development for employees at all levels.
We offer our employees competitive pay and benefits including:
- 401(k) match plus an additional employer contribution
- Discretionary annual incentive bonus for eligible employees.
- Generous paid time off
- Flexible work environments
Additionally, most salaried ULA team members work a “9/80 schedule,” meaning they enjoy every other Friday off.
Benefits and work schedules may vary for union-represented hourly positions and are described in the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Security Clearance / International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR). This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR). Therefore, all applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined in ITAR 120.15 (e.g., U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card holder) or protected individual. Also see 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) and 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) for additional information).
ULA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other categories protected by law.
ULA is a participant in the federal E-Verify Program. Posters in PDF format pertaining to this program can be accessed by clicking on the links identified below. E-Verify Participation poster (English | Spanish ) and Right to Work poster ( English | Spanish ).
Interested in growing in your career with ULA?
Apply today. We look forward to learning more about you!
Communications & Marketing