The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for the recruitment, training, scheduling, and coordination of workgroups/sponsors and individual volunteers in support of The Delores Project’s mission, programs, services and needs. This position reaches out to volunteers or seek new volunteers using various marketing tools, including social media, e-mail letters and outreach events.
● Design volunteer descriptions, program materials and administer strategies to attract, recruit, train, engage and retain individual and group volunteers
● Act as liaison to other organizations who are sending volunteers
● Coordinate volunteer schedule in accordance with monthly needs
● Maintain volunteer database (and in-kind database) and keep records of volunteer activities, including numbers of teams, volunteers, number of hours worked, contact information, etc.
● Develop and implement formal and informal volunteer appreciation program
● Monitor volunteer satisfaction and manage volunteer expectations
● Contribute to Newsletter for volunteer related articles
● Create monthly volunteer reports and provide volunteer information for annual reports
● Revise volunteer forms and materials as necessary
● Supervise volunteer activities and events
● Work with program staff to determine most current in-kind donation needs are met
● Coordinate shelter meal program schedule to ensure meal needs are met
● Develop and maintain food service policies and meal program guidelines
● Responsible for tracking, compliance and reporting all TEFAP (The Food Emergency Assistance Program) and in-kind food donations
● Work with Director of Development in volunteer/donor/community engagement activities such as Lunch & Learn sessions
● Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
A willingness to engage in continuous learning about anti-oppression and social justice issues. Work or lived experience with communities of color, indigenous peoples, LGBTQ and people experiencing homelessness is particularly valued Minimum of one year experience volunteering, managing volunteers, building community relationships or a Bachelor’s degree. Nonprofit or related experience and a willingness to learn Ability to perform accurate data entry and produce high quality professional work Comfortable speaking before a diverse array of groups Strong verbal communication, written communication and interpersonal skills Effective planning and organization skills Demonstrated experience with database management Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs Some evening and weekend work is required Ability to multi-task and prioritize in dynamic work environment Knowledge or experience with the organization, its mission, and the cause/issue it is addressing
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Robin Wood-Mason, Director of Development, at email@example.com. Applications accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled, with preference given to applications received by May 22, 2020.