A Precious Child, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization providing children in need with opportunities and resources to empower them to achieve their full potential. A Precious Child envisions a future where every child grows up to be a secure, self-reliant, contributing member of their community.
In working towards helping A Precious Child meet its overall objective of providing basic necessities for children throughout Colorado, the Volunteer Coordinator serves as a key member of the A Precious Child team overseeing the outreach, coordination and follow-up necessary to engage and support all volunteers. Our volunteers will be inspired, supported, and celebrated to help children succeed through meaningful volunteer experiences
Hours: Full-Time, Non-Exempt, with some evenings and weekends.
Reports To: Manager of Volunteer Services
Areas of Responsibility
· Supports implementation and coordination of programs and personnel related to the planning, recruitment, scheduling, training, retention, and recognition of volunteers for A Precious Child.
· Manages the strategic recruitment and retention of volunteers for all programs and departments at A Precious Child; matching volunteer skills to organizational needs
· Supports and plays key role in volunteer training across all departments, including leading volunteer orientations
· Supports the management and placement of individual volunteers, court-mandated community service participants, volunteer groups and off-site volunteers.
· Responsible for recruitment, interviewing and onboarding intern candidates for the Internship Program at A Precious Child.
· Updating related website pages for volunteer and internship recruitment.
· Develops and manages process for regular volunteer shifts, ensuring there is hourly coverage for designated areas and no show policy is followed.
· Helps maintain the web-based volunteer management system, VolunteerHub.
· Maintains volunteer orientation scheduling process from registration to training to follow-up.
· Responsible for working with the Manager of Volunteer Services to help meet fundraising goals through volunteer focused strategies and campaigns.
· Serves as the agency representative at various outreach, volunteer-recruitment, community fairs and volunteer councils.
· Recommends, develops, implements, ensures compliance with and maintains records and reports regarding volunteer-related policies and procedures.
· Presents to community/corporate groups interested in volunteering for A Precious Child.
· Leads group volunteer check in and tours.
· Works alongside volunteer groups as needed, offering volunteer management and supporting during large groups, seasonal programs, or signature events.
· Supports & implements Service Enterprise Initiative.
· On a daily basis creates and ensures a positive work environment where volunteers feel welcomed and appreciated.
· Collaborates with volunteers through effective communication, resolving challenges and evaluating and addressing issues including scheduling, questions, comments and concerns.
· Coordinates recognition and appreciation events of volunteer in collaboration with the Manager of Volunteer Services.
· Coordinates problem solving efforts to effectively and quickly address any volunteer related staffing issues.
· Other duties as assigned.
- A passion for A Precious Child’s mission and vision.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- One year of volunteer experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Experience utilizing volunteer management software (VolunteerHub) a plus, but not required.
- Must be a self-starter who is motivated, outgoing and has strong organizational skills.
- Exceptional customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Excellent multitasking skills. Must be able to manage competing demands and handle multiple duties simultaneously.
- Strong and effective public speaking skills to small and large crowds.
- Adapt strategy to changing conditions and communicate changes effectively and have a flexible approach.
- Work well independently and in a team environment.
- A positive attitude, strong work ethic, dependable and an ability to work effectively with coworkers and volunteers.
- Possesses excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills; the ability to work effectively with donors, volunteers, and staff.
- Displays mature judgment, superior diplomatic skills and highly developed listening.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An extremely high degree of professionalism and integrity, as well as the ability to pay attention to detail and quality standards are required.
- Valid US-issued driver’s license.
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
$45,000-$50,000/year based on experience.
A generous benefits package includes paid time off, paid holidays, health, dental, and vision insurances, and matching contribution to a 401(k) retirement plan after meeting eligibility requirements.
How To Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Courtney Wickberg, Chief Communications Officer, at Courtney@APreciousChild.org. No phone calls please.
For more information about A Precious Child visit APreciousChild.org.
A Precious Child is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, sex, gender identity, race, color, veteran status, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin or any other legally protected category. It is our policy to maintain a non-discriminatory environment, free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.