Responsible for the leadership and development of a preeminent global marketing and corporate communications organization which achieves long-term strategic objectives to ultimately serve more patients. Is accountable for the successful adoption and implementation of marketing best practices across all business areas and regions, connecting customer insights and market analytics to inform pricing and life-cycle management strategies that unlock the potential of our full portfolio and build our market presence. Leads the development and implementation of compelling internal/external corporate communications strategies which serve to tell the Terumo BCT story and frame the company’s narrative, social agenda and brand promise with all stakeholders including donors, patients and caregivers, healthcare providers, payers, manufacturers, regulators, policy-makers, associates, and the communities in which Terumo BCT operates and serves.
Develops and communicates a compelling vision and strategy for the organization and leads highly capable, empowered teams to translate the aspirations for the organization into operational plans. Provides inspirational guidance, bringing out the best in associates by constructively challenging the status quo, expanding the organization’s capabilities to help Terumo BCT deliver on its mission. As the enterprise-wide leader and champion for marketing excellence and internal/external communications, the incumbent works closely with cross-functional organizational leaders within Terumo BCT and across the greater Terumo Corporation, drawing out globally diverse thinking and idea generation, integrating best-in-class marketing perspectives along with front-line customer understanding that drives high performance and generates sustainable, profitable growth.
- Accountable for development and successful implementation of world class healthcare marketing fundamentals including segmentation and targeting, value propostions, marketing communications planning, and omnichannel campaigns across all business areas globally.
- Leads the development and utilization of strategic pricing approaches; consulting and providing support to business areas to ensure pricing strategies and bands reflect insights from stakeholder research, market and customer analytics, and a clear tie to broader company strategy and objectives.
- Delivers processes and frameworks that build company competencies at specific points of the product lifecycle from launch to SKU rationalization and product/platfrom sunsets.
- Oversees the collection, analysis and reporting of primary and secondary market research and competitive analysis. Proactively highlights emerging competitive threats and establishes mechanisms to capture real-time field and customer insights, and simple feedback mechanisms to proactively improve our competitive positioning.
- Accountable for building a vibrant Terumo BCT brand, actively engaging with Terumo Corporation to integrate and align our messaging and visual presence. Identify opportunities for brand expansion and increasing industry engagement, ensuring delivery of compelling content and effective messages to targeted audiences.
- In close partnership with business and regional leaders, develop and deliver high-impact communications and data-driven promotional programs that resonate in local markets.
- Develops both long-term strategic and short-term operational plans and frameworks designed to measure, build and systemically advance the value of marketing investments, preparing and monitoring marketing expense budgets, and maintaining expenses at or below approved levels .
- Maintains oversight of advertising and promotion compliance and harmonization of content to ensure compliance with governing bodies and healthcare industry standards.
- Ensures the development and implementation of compelling internal and external communications including media relations, crisis communications, employer brand initiatives and associate communications.
- Establish vision and build foundation for emerging corporate social responsibility focus, advocating for progressive environmental and social approaches to ensure Terumo BCT operates in ways that enhance society and returns value to stakeholders within the communities in which the company operates.
- Builds high performance teams and subject matter expertise, empowering and holding direct reports accountable to achieve the company’s overall strategic priorities and critical commitments. Actively mentors, coaches and develops leadership capabilities within his/her direct reports and a diverse pipeline of future leaders across the company, instilling a culture of transparency, the ability to navigate complexity and pivot when needed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in healthcare, business or marketing specific disciplines preferred. Demonstrated ongoing professional education and current industry credentials including healthcare marketing channels and technologies.
- Minimum 15 years increasingly responsible experience
- Leadership of broad and diverse global teams with and without direct management accountability
- Experience launching products and programs outside the U.S., actively embracing diverse cultures and environments
- Has successfully built and driven modern marketing and communications capability throughout an organization
- Proven success building and implementing programs that break though and build brands at scale, while driving ROI
- Success shaping healthcare practices and policies through marketing with varied healthcare stakeholders is a plus
- Significant experience in communications strategy with strong expertise in driving brand strategies that extend the reach and reputation of an organization, helping to deliver a clear voice and identity in the market.
- Experience managing in both internal and external agency models preferred.
- Hands-on experience in choosing, deploying and using CRM,SEO, DAM, CMS, analytics and other martech tools.
- Demonstrates vision, brand and marketing savvy
- Able to translate strategies into concrete growth opportunities and supporting operational plans
- Strong innovation mindset; constantly thinking about new ways to test, learn, and drive impact
- Mobilizes teams for impact across borders and in evolving organizational structures
- Has a bias toward empowering the team, yet a willingness to get directly involved when needed
- A passionate and inspirational coach and mentor who motivates teams to exceed expectations
- Supurb analytical skills, generating fresh insights on marketplace dynamics, customer needs and innovation
- Realistic on risks and roadblocks, but ambitious on ideas
- Ability to gain trust and credibility at the executive level and align the organization around critical initiatives
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities/and tight deadlines successfully
- Strong budget and financial management skills. Manage budget and prioritize marketing initiatives
- Strong personal values system compatible with Terumo BCT values of respect, integrity, care, quality, and creativity.
Typical Office Environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
Additional Physical Requirements
International and domestic travel (up to 30%). Controllable and predictable.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
Terumo BCT is committed to providing a safe and secure working environment. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and detailed background verification checks. To this end, all employment offers for positions in the U.S. are conditional upon successful completion of Terumo BCT's pre-employment screening process. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers.
Join Terumo BCT as we unlock the potential of blood. We are a global leader in blood component and cellular technologies, and the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction coupled with leading technologies in therapeutic apheresis and cell processing. We believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Singapore and Tokyo.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
- Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
- Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development (2011 & 2012)
- One of Colorado’s Healthiest Employers by Denver Business Journal (2014 & 2015)
- Recipient of the Way to Go Employer award through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) 2015
Our award-winning culture embraces:
- Leading technology through innovation and R&D
- Wellness programs
- Commitment to quality
- An environment that values, respects and rewards your individual contributions
- A philosophy of intentional growth and responsiveness to world health issues
Click Here to see what our associates have to say about our culture.
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
- Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
- Growing through professional and leadership development activities
- Sharing company success through incentive plans
If you are the best at what you do and want to do work that is changing the delivery of healthcare globally, we invite you to work with us now to see how we can unlock your potential.