Aspen is one of the world’s premiere destinations for inspiration and transformation at the intersection of recreation, nature, and culture. Aspen Skiing Company was founded 75 years ago following World War Two in a moment of vision and renewal.
With a purpose deeply rooted in expanding possibilities, we are company driven by its values and our people.
We operate four mountain resorts (Aspen, Aspen Highlands, Snowmass and Buttermilk) with summer and winter experiences; the Five Star, Five Diamond Little Nell Hotel in Aspen; the contemporary Limelight Hotels in Aspen, Snowmass and Ketchum; world-class events including the World Cup series and X Games; and a multi-store retail portfolio.
This role is responsible for leading the overall marketing and brand strategy for the Little Nell Hospitality group. The position will collaborate across multiple teams to drive the company’s hospitality brand positioning, development and management, as well manage hospitality marketing managers across the portfolio. The position will improve presence, relevance and differentiation among key audiences including current and prospective guests, travel professionals, media, investors, industry influencers, employees and future employees.
The budgeted salary range for this position starts at $140,000. Actual pay will be dependent on experience and qualifications, and all of our salaried roles are eligible for bonus.
Essential Job Functions
- Own and lead hospitality brand identities and ensure consistency across all communication channels, campaigns and assets.
- Lead all aspects of the brand, visual identification and marketing for the company’s hospitality brands in key markets around the world, ensuring proper consistency with the parent company’s global brand voice and goals.
- Lead the brand marketing team through strategic support, creative direction and ongoing feedback to effectively reach marketing and sales goals.
- Lead marketing strategy inclusive of digital marketing, advertising, email, influencer marketing, social strategy and PR across the hospitality brands to increase awareness, maximize presence, relevance and differentiation in both our current and new markets.
- Serve as brand stakeholder for new property consideration including developing templates for presentations, proposals, etc. Regularly update corporate development website, project-marketing materials, etc.
- Collaborate with the development team on communication, marketing and presentation materials.
- Develop and manage the corporate hospitality website and all communication and marketing materials (business cards, letterhead, brochures, et al).
- Collaborate with Director of Corporate PR on initiatives, launches across the Aspen Skiing Company ecosystem.
- Collaborate with project advancement team to ensure brand alignment across all channels including in physical space. Provide brand guidance to outside vendors as needed.
- Lead marketing strategy for new property brand alignment and work with brand specific marketing team on go-to-market strategy.
- Oversee web presence for all brands (corporate, hotels, clubs) and collaborate with relevant teams on site strategy.
- Advise executive committee on hospitality marketing and communications strategy.
- Lead hospitality creative services department as well as external resources to deliver innovative work that captures the attention of the hospitality and travel industries.
- Create experiences that map to planned user experiences and reinforce brand identity.
- Collaborate with partnership, creative and design teams across the ASC portfolio on key initiatives.
- Partner with operational teams on brand moments, in-room collateral, uniforms, signage, overall design and décor, menu design, and custom scents across the hospitality brands.
- Partner with the HR team to ensure brand alignment in recruitment and onboarding presentation materials and on-going education for all associates.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, marketing, communication, business or related discipline. MBA or advanced degree is preferred.
- 15+ years of experience in marketing, branding and communication with a minimum of five years of experience at a director level in the hospitality or service industry, luxury experience a plus.
- Experience working with a board of directors and/or active ownership group.
- Experience in robust brand rollouts and launches.
- Working knowledge of relevant technologies to include CRM, Marketing Automation, HTML, WordPress and graphic design tools, such as Adobe Creative software.
- Proven track-record of unifying, transforming, elevating and repositioning the brands of complex businesses.
- Detail-oriented project manager with an eye for great design who can manage both internal and external resources.
- Experience refining, evolving and deploying a brand and messaging architecture that is highly relevant to our target audience.
- Demonstrated communications expertise with exceptional verbal communication skills and a clear and persuasive writing style.
- Proven track record of hiring, mentoring, and retaining world-class marketing talent across internal team members, freelance graphic designers, writers, videographers and agencies.
- Experience across key brand and communication disciplines including video, marketing content creation, digital marketing, regional websites and social media.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and have an immediate impact in a high-growth, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Must be a creative, flexible, hands-on marketer that’s comfortable rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever it takes to get the job done even in the face of time, budget, and resource constraints.
- Strong budget management and marketing measurement skills with experience achieving best-in-class Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC) ratios and proven record of managing budgets preferably in excess of $1 million annually
Supervision given and received
Supervision given: Exercises limited supervision over Director of Marketing for Limelight Hotels, Senior Marketing Manager and Creative Services Manager for The Little Nell and Residences at The Little Nell, Club Communications Manager and Digital Marketing Manager. Assigns result driven projects, and assists with unusual situations that do not have clear objectives. Instruction, advice and assistance available at request of employee. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, interviewing, hiring, performance evaluation; recognition; disciplinary action; training and development, budgeting, and labor relations.
Supervision received: Works under limited supervision of the Chief Brand Officer. Receives guidance in terms of broad goals and overall objectives and is responsible for establishing strategical methods to attain them. Can formulate policies but does not necessarily have final authority for approval. A review of work is not detailed and emphasizes the accomplishment of broad work objectives, rather than specific assignments.
Work Environment and physical demands
Ability to stand, type and sit at desk/computer for most of the work shift executing repetitive movements
No adverse or hazardous conditions
Not required, but preferred to be able to occasionally lift, push or pull 25 lbs. individually or with assistance (weight limits can vary according to position, but no more than 50)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. By accepting a position with Aspen Skiing Company, you acknowledge that you are able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. To request accommodation during the application and interviewing process, please contact Human Resources at 970-300-7700.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company / ASPENX / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company's benefits and other compensation visit aspensnowmass.com/jobs/benefits
As of March 11th 2022, Aspen Skiing Company, ASPENX, The Little Nell, and The Limelight Hotels will no longer require all active employees to be fully vaccinated in the workplace. Read more about our policies as it relates to employee safety here