What You’ll Do
- As the VP of Engineering you’ll be the coaches’ coach! 90% of your time will be dedicated to management responsibilities with 10% of your time dedicated to getting your hands dirty – observing, learning or assessing. Our engineering team has grown from 15, two years ago, to now over 40! You’ll play a primary role in successfully scaling engineering operations and ensuring team members are fully engaged.
What We’ll Achieve
- Planning, delivery and execution against deadlines will become a more standardized process across agile teams, thanks to your ability implement and iterate upon best practices.
- We’ll refine our performance metrics and gain insight into how we deliver against them.
- Finance & Accounting will breath easier knowing that you are able to manage effectively to a budget!
- We’ll continue to recruit, hire and retain the best engineers in the state, thanks to your dogged focus on making GoSpotCheck a best-in-class engineering organization, your uncompromising hiring practices and ability to challenge and develop your team!
Who You Are
- You have senior management experience over software engineering groups of 30+.
- You know how to manage against performance metrics, and have the ability to get buy-in from your teams.
- You’re task oriented, and comfortable making decisions. Ideas are great, but you're more of an executer.
- You have zen-like command over your time and task management, even when things seem to be overwhelming.
- You’re a great coach – Whether it’s technical skills, people skills or life in general, you know how to develop your team!
- You know when and how to delegate work, and how to hold your teams accountable for their commitments.
- You care about your team on a personal level but know where to draw professional boundaries.
- You foster a culture of autonomy, mastery and purpose – People want to work for you!
- You have a strong track-record of planning and executing projects with complex interrelated functionalities.
- Root cause analysis is easy for you, but you get your kicks by guiding others to work through their problems and arrive at solutions themselves.
- There’s no one better than you at framing, planning and communicating around technical projects and concepts.
- You understand the deeper context within conversations and have superior listening skills – People KNOW they’ve been heard when they come to you!
- If duty calls, you’d have no problem stepping up and traveling to meet with customers.
- You Own It! – Whether it’s related to employees, product, delivery or financials, you own your sphere and others follow your lead.
- You have an open mind to using the technology that will produce the best results.
- You earned a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field and have supplemented that education with an MBA or other business-focused education.
- You appreciate and align with our company values.
GoSpotCheck offers competitive salaries and full benefits. We want to work with intelligent and motivated people who share our common values. We go above and beyond to create an atmosphere that allows people to be themselves, grow professionally, and enjoy a laundry list of work perks! We are proud category winners of the 2016 Denver Business Journal’s – Best Places to Work, as well as the 2017 Denver Post’s – Top Workplaces. GoSpotCheck is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.