The vision of Colorado Access is to have healthy communities transformed by the care that people want at a cost we can all afford. Our mission is to partner with communities and empower people through access to quality, affordable care.
Under the guidance of the President and CEO, the Vice President of Strategy and Communications is responsible for the executive leadership of strategic shared services including Corporate Strategy, Marketing and Communications, and Learning and Development. They collaborate across the organization to set short term and long term strategic priorities of the organization. The Vice President will lead the development and execution of branding, marketing and both internal and external communications for the company and assure that Learning and Development resources support the organization’s strategic goals. They will work closely with the President & CEO, other executives and the Board of Directors to coordinate and align strategic priorities of the organization.
- In partnership with the CEO and peers, creates, modifies, and implements organization’s vision, mission and strategy. Leads company’s short-term and long-term strategy for financial stability, operational excellence, health transformation and company culture. Communicates, on behalf of the company, with stakeholders, government entities, the public, and employees.
- Develops business plans and manages resources in alignment with CEO, Board of Directors, and peers to ensure the company reaches its targets and operates efficiently and effectively.
- Builds high performing teams with vision,leadership, goals and metrics. Serves as a role model for team members; takes action and inspires team members to embrace and implement culture initiatives. Demonstrates a strong work ethic in action and words. Provides awareness to Directors, department leaders and staff how their work impacts other departments, programs and the enterprise. Leads with integrity and ethics and holds self and team members accountable for achieving outstanding results and demonstrating core values.
- Responsible for all management functions including: hiring, training, planning and directing work, coaching and staff development, managing and evaluating performance, recognizing and rewarding employees, corrective action procedures and practices, addressing complaints and resolving problems. Responsible for approval and management of department budgets and participates in the development of overall company-wide budget.
- Works closely with Executives and Directors across the organization to make strategic and operational decisions that advance company strategies and goals and collaborates to deliver on company-wide deliverable s/requirements.
- Oversees/leads corporate level projects and continuous improvement initiatives across multiple areas in the organization and/or cross-functional teams.
- Oversees the development and implementation of multiple department policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal, state, local and company policies, rules and regulations, and best business practices.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the corporate strategic planning process. Includes leading work to collaboratively set long range goals and supporting Board goals, organizational goals and departmental KPIs.
- Responsible for tracking progress of organizational work toward goal achievement. As a member of the Executive Team, works with peers to set the organizational strategic priorities.
- Oversees work required to create and maintain a strong brand identity for the company.
- Ensures effective and strategic internal and external communications throughout the organization through multiple communication channels and venues.
- Collaborates across programs to assure that their marketing and outreach goals are met in the most effective and cost efficient manner.
- Responsible for coordinating Board of Directors activities and board meetings with the Executive Team.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred in a health discipline or business/marketing related field required. Minimum of ten years strategic planning and marketing experience with 3‐5 years Director level experience in Health Care or Public Policy related field. Direct management and team development experience required. A combination of education and experience may be substituted.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Demonstrated expertise in developing and executing corporate strategic initiatives and marketing plans required. Demonstrated expertise of leading and managing corporate internal and external communications required. Significant knowledge of public sector healthcare is desired. Significant knowledge of the local systems of care, community organizations, governmental agencies and the leadership of these organizations is desirable. Must be able to bring alignment across functional areas and effectively lead teams. Cultural competency with groups that are significantly represented in the membership and community will be important for this position. Strategic business planning, change management, people management and project management skills required. Must be a strategic thinker and be able to translate corporate strategy to daily operations. Demonstrates support for the company’s mission, vision and values. Position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively represent Colorado Access to both internal and external audiences. Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills; ability to develop strategic partnerships both internally and externally. Strong leadership skills required including team development, mentoring and coaching, and personnel management. May be required to manage multiple priorities and projects with tight deadlines.
Colorado Access is committed to providing equal opportunities to all people regardless of race, color, national origin, age, sex, genetic information, religion, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. We strive to maintain a work environment that is free from unlawful harassment and discrimination.