The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The College of Nursing has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Wesite & Social Medial Specialist position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
Nature of Work
The CU College of Nursing has an opening for a full-time (1.0 FTE), Website and Social Media Specialist. This position works collaboratively and strategically to manage the College of Nursing’s current website, social media channels and related technologies. They are responsible for creating pages and determine page layouts based on content and site goals within the overall framework of the University website platforms. The ideal candidate will have an eye for design and effective page layout, be able to write marketing oriented copy, be detail oriented and work well in a team environment. This position will also be responsible for establishing benchmarks and reporting on audience insights/analytics for both the website and social media channels.
In 2019, with support from the Marketing Team (Director, and Content Writer), this position will lead the college’s efforts to redesign the website and migrate to a new CMS platform (Sitefinity). This will require strong project management skills along with the ability to engage and balance stakeholder input. A strong understanding of best practices for user experience and interface is required.
In support of the college’s student recruitment efforts, this position will plan and execute the promotion of events and increase general awareness among target audiences using the paid tools available through the social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn). This work will need to complement the Marketing Department’s larger digital advertising strategy.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Design, develop and manage CU Nursing’s website utilizing CMS platforms [SharePoint (current) and Sitefinity (new)]
- Work with the Office of Information Technology and other stakeholders on website redesign, transition planning and implementation.
- Manage daily website updates and requests, serving as a consultant to recommend best practices for displaying and integrating content and maintaining the integrity of the site as determined by the website strategy.
- Implement SEO best practices in launch of new site and with new content additions.
- Create compelling content for written, web and social media.
- Create, identify and curate visual assets to augment web and social media.
- Engage in brainstorming and review sessions to inform visual strategies and constructive design critiques.
- Create analytics dashboard reports to inform performance of website and social media.
- Assist with generation and administration of effective UTM tracking and pixel retargeting codes to support campaigns, provide reports as needed
- Collaborate with Communication team members to create various reports highlighting key metrics
- Analyze website data trends and make recommendations for optimization.
- Collaborate with marketing team members to ensure marketing needs and goals are compatible with website goals and strategy.
- Collaborate with third-party service providers and agencies in providing web solutions.
- Stay current on best practices and the ever-changing landscape of social media.
- Log bugs and feedback regarding the CMS when necessary.
- Create basic graphics for website and social media.
- Maintain high level of accuracy in content, spelling, grammar and punctuation
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience.
This position is not eligible for overtime compensation
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, public relations, communications, business administration, business, design, fine arts, computer science, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- One year of professional level experience with website coordination and/or social media account management.
Must be willing and able to staff events outside normal business hours based on marketing and communication needs of the College of Nursing.
- Experience with a variety of design tools, such as Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), Microsoft Office applications, PowerPoint, or other related programs;
- Experience with various website content management systems, especially Sharepoint, Sitefinity and WordPress;
- Experience following AP Styleguide;
- Experience creating graphics and content for websites, social media, and email;
- Experience with photography software/equipment and/or video production software/equipment.
- Experience with marketing analytics, ideally related to websites, web traffic, and/or social media platforms.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Photography and Video Production skills.
- Firm grasp of web content and social media best-practices;
- Fluency in website and social media analytics;
- Strong understanding of paid campaigns within social media;
- Skill utilizing WordPress, Sharepoint, Sitefinity, and other CMS frameworks;
- Ability to present and communicate ideas, concepts and constructive criticism appropriately and purposefully;
- Able to manage a diverse workload with multiple competing priorities and stakeholder needs; strong follow through and response with colleagues and projects with a sensitivity to timelines and deadlines;
- Ability to work in fast-paced, demanding environment, while providing innovative technology solutions;
- Self-starter who can work independently as well as part of a larger, interconnected team.