Job Summary: The Website Manager ensures delivery of a high quality user experience across select University websites. As part of the Marketing team, this position is responsible for the strategic implementation and oversight of website assets, as well as leading and designing web marketing strategies. The Website Manager coordinates content for Naropa’s websites, incorporating timely, relevant marketing campaigns. The position also serves as the content management system (CMS) administrator for the websites, manages vendor relations and all web-related projects and updates.
• Create and maintain a positive team environment and behave professionally with everyone encountered in the course and scope of the job duties.
• Ensure that the user interface is easy to navigate and responsive (e.g., information architecture, page layout and design, etc.).
• Develop and implement web solutions to meet the University's marketing needs, including but not limited to landing pages, forms, web copy, and images.
• Ownership and maintenance of Naropa.edu, including oversight and implementation of edits from various University partners, to ensure content is updated regularly.
• Use the CMS and graphic programs to perform web edits, and publish edits directly to website.
• In coordination with the IT department and third party vendors, resolve website performance issues as they arise, and find ways to anticipate problems before they arise.
• Enforce web governance compliance, create weekly and annual content calendaring and updates, and develop content to improve digital metrics (including SEO); develop reports and provide analysis on SEO and other pertinent metrics.
• Assist in the management and upkeep of additional websites associated with Naropa University, including but not limited to: magazine.naropa.edu, naropablog.com, catalog.naropa.edu.
• Other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Marketing & Admissions.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
• Ability to create and maintain a positive team environment and behave professionally with everyone encountered in the course and scope of the job duties.
• Previous experience creating and producing corporate and/or marketing communications and online content.
• Previous experience with website content management applications and experience designing or managing websites.
• Excellent organizational, planning, and verbal and written communication skills, including an ability to translate technical jargon into daily language in order to communicate effectively with team members and internal stakeholders.
• Demonstrated understanding of current industry standards and techniques for digital content management, including general knowledge of SEO best practices.
• Ability to resize, retouch, and create photo and graphic files for web use.
• Commitment to co-create a diverse and inclusive community and actively participate in related professional development regarding the dynamics of privilege and oppression and the impact these have in the workplace.
• Prior experience working in an academic environment.
• Proficiency in database programs and digital design software such as Adobe CS, Acrobat, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Dreamweaver.
• Knowledge of XML, PHP, and web-related programming languages and tools.
• Familiarity with best practices for usability and social media.
Applications: Application review continues until position is filled. Qualified candidates should apply online and include a letter of interest and resume.
Naropa University is actively engaged in creating an inclusive, diverse community and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. In keeping with our diversity initiatives, we encourage applications from persons of historically under-represented groups and those who support diversity.
Title IX is a federal civil rights law that prohibits gender discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual and relationship violence. This law applies to all students, faculty, and staff. ** click here to view the full statement and procedures for reporting violations of Gender Equity, Sexual Misconduct or Relationship Violence **
Naropa Full-time Benefits
At Naropa we recognize that our people are key to our success, and we are proud to invest in them. In addition to our rich intellectual and experiential work environment, Naropa University offers a premium benefits package for our full time faculty and staff. This package includes employer contributions towards a selection of Medical and Dental plans, Life and AD&D Insurance, and Short-Term and Long-Term Disability coverage.
We provide generous tuition remission for employees and their family members, including for-credit and auditing classes, as well as a tuition exchange program with 435 colleges and universities across the US that afford you the opportunity to continue your education. Naropa also provides a 403(b) retirement plan and RTD bus passes at no charge to full-time employees. We also have paid leave allowances for sick, vacation and personal time. More information on our benefits can be found on the Employment page on our website.