The Administrative Producer/News contributes to the mission of Colorado Public Radio by providing office manager support to CPR News’ downtown Denver office and exceptional service to all constituents who interact with CPR News. The Administrative Producer works with various departments at Colorado Public Radio to ensure the efficient operation of the downtown office.
View Full Description (PDF)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Office manager for downtown newsroom – acquires and sorts mail, orders supplies, answers phones, works with CPR departments in Centennial to address needs for downtown office, manages subscriptions for the newsroom.
- Manages state press credentialing.
- Processes expense reports for the newsroom.
- Manages editorial calendars for downtown offices.
- Coordinates news contest submissions, ensuring proper guidelines and deadlines are met.
- Arranges travel for CPR News staffers as needed.
- Books studios and ISDN/Tieline/etc. lines as needed.
- Assists in tracking stories for grant reporting.
- Routes and files press releases, story suggestions, and inquiries for News.
- Manages books coming in through the mail in coordination with Colorado Matters staff.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Non-standard work hours possible.
View the full job description.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Identification with the mission and purpose of Colorado Public Radio.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in an administrative role required.
- Experience in a news organization or familiarity with newsroom operations preferred.
- Ability to learn new broadcast or digital technologies preferred.
- Meticulous sense of detail.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Active communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with a wide range of staff and activities.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft suite of tools.
- Adept with technology for document creation, management and presentation.
- Working knowledge of Colorado Public Radio programming and the services of the network is preferred.
- Current driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- Access to a personal vehicle highly desired.