Assistant Director of Admissions for Visitor Services and Recruitment Communications
Position Number: E 898
Salary for Announcement: The beginning of the salary range for this position is $53,801. The final salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Employee Category: Administrators
Department: Admissions Office
Reporting to the Executive Director of Admissions, this position manages publications, marketing, and communications campaigns for prospective students—from search and inquiry to enrollment—in support of the University's specific enrollment targets and broader strategic enrollment plan. The position serves as the Admissions Office's primary point of contact to the University's Marketing and Communications Office and collaborates with that office in development of marketing and communications messaging and collateral, managing and updating the admissions website using the University's content management system, and developing social media campaigns. The position also serves as the admissions team's chief brand steward and champion, developing innovative, cost-sensitive marketing and communications solutions to meet admissions targets while delivering a transformative enrollment experience for prospective students, applicants, and admits. The position also leads and manages the Events, Visits, and Communications Manager, which includes providing direction and goal-setting for the position, developing performance plans, and conducting performance evaluations.
Metropolitan State University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. IND208
20% – Develops innovative marketing and communications tactics to support recruitment marketing strategy and enrollment goals. Manages multiple prospect, applicant, and admitted student communication campaigns, which includes designing, testing, sending, and assessing communication using Banner student information system and a customer relationship management (CRM) software application.
20% – Works with Marketing and Communications to develop maintain and implement a robust, multi-channel marketing and communications calendar for target audiences. Manages communications flow and fulfillment for all print and electronic materials, ensuring timely delivery of information to prospective students. Serves as primary Admissions contact with Marketing and Communications, working closely with the University’s brand marketing and creative team in development of publications, print and/or digital collateral.
20% – Leads, directs and manages the Events, Visits, and Communications Manager position, which includes providing direction and goal-setting, developing performance plans, and conducting performance evaluations. Assists with visit and event operations, student staff supervision, and welcome desk operations.
10% – Serves as a brand steward, ensuring that the University’s identity elements are used correctly in admissions communication and marketing materials. Creates and updates recruiting scripts, talking points, and presentations for admissions recruiters and front-line personnel.
10% – In collaboration with Marketing and Communications, manages and updates admissions website content using the University’s content management system. Collaborates with Marketing and Communications in development and deployment of social media messaging and campaigns.
5% – Monitors, tracks, distributes, and, when appropriate, answers incoming e-mails from prospective students, family members and counselors.
5% – Works closely with Program Assistant II position in the office on budgeting as well as the cost of and ordering the appropriate quantity of printed publications and MSU Denver promotional items.
5%- Stays abreast of industry developments including, but not limited to, changes in regulations, technology, and best practices, to maintain the professional competence, knowledge, and skills necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities. Serves on internal and external committees related to recruitment of students to the University.
5% – Other duties as assigned.
• A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Marketing, Communications, or a related field
• Professional marketing and/or communications experience which may include working with creative teams, including copywriters, photographers, videographers, and graphic designers as well as managing the print production process and specifications for large scale design projects
• Experience supervising student and professional staff
• Experience using a Web content management system to update and maintain websites
• Graphic design experience with editorial design (i.e. printed publications), corporate design (logos and branding), advertising, web design, and/or communication design
• Experience with a customer relationship management system (CRM)
• Experience developing, writing, editing, managing, and executing digital and direct marketing/communications campaigns
• A Master’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Advertising, or a closely related field
• Experience managing campaigns using a customer relationship management system (CRM)
• Experience with Slate customer relationship management system (CRM)
• Experience with Banner information system or similar system
• Experience working in an admissions office or in a higher education setting
• Experience coordinating campus visits and executing events
Posting Date: 07/25/2019
Closing Instructions: Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Complete applications received by August 08, 2019 will receive full consideration. Position is open until filled.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
To apply, visit https://www.msudenverjobs.com/postings/12659
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.