Associate Director of Admissions Systems and Data
Position Number: E 285
Salary for Announcement: The starting salary is $60,174. The final salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Employee Category: Administrators
Department: Admissions Office
Under the guidance of the Director of Internal Operations, the Associate Director of Admissions Systems & Data provides oversight of systems, data, and records management for admitted and prospective students, and assists in the execution of daily operations of internal processes. This position is responsible for business processes related to admissions processing, providing support in maintaining and enhancing processes within a student information system (SIS ) and ancillary support systems. The Associate Director is responsible for departmental data management processes and reporting, creating and managing data integrity, and standard operating procedures. The Associate Director will work with academic departments on strategic enrollment management initiatives including recommending, establishing, and administering procedures and policies related to undergraduate admissions. This position will maintain a strong knowledge of SIS functionality and serve as a subject matter expert for select technical initiatives related to Admissions system implementation and maintenance.
The position supports outreach and recruitment-related activities by supervising the population and upkeep of a prospect database and coordinates communications with prospects, applicants and admitted students in multiple markets, including, but not limited to: traditional, transfer, adult, readmit, and international.
This position supervises the Assistant Director of Admissions Systems & CRM , Admissions Data & Operations Analyst and Document Imaging Coordinator. This position will assist with generation of weekly and ad-hoc reports and validating the content prior to dissemination. The Associate Director will work closely with various campus peers to ensure seamless transition of data and to streamline existing processes. Serves as acting director in absence of the Director of Internal Operations.
Metropolitan State University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer.
20% – Assists in activities related to recruiting and admitting traditional and nontraditional students, including not limited to:
• Ongoing ownership of a large prospect database
• Management of regular communications (electronic and mail) with prospects, applicants and newly accepted students.
• Researches, recommends and implements technology solutions that support ongoing unit success
• Serves as departmental expert on Student Information Systems usage, and represents department on University-wide technology steering committees.
20% – Provides guidance and oversight to Assistant Director of Admissions Systems & CRM positon and assists with the maintenance, troubleshooting, and enhancements of the system to improve processes, communications and functionality of the system for students, staff, and faculty. Guide the Assistant Director of Admissions Systems & CRM to develop, and work to enhance functionality after implementation by identifying any new workflows, views, dashboards, campaigns, application or console form changes.
20% – Advises the Director of Internal Operations on the planning and development of goals and objectives for the office that support the university’s strategic recruitment goals and initiatives. Monitor workflow to identify more efficient policies and procedures to ensure timely processing of applications and imaging of documents as well as maintains a working knowledge of current trends and best practices in admissions operations. Contribute to the development of procedures and documentation and assist in implementation of policies and procedures.
20% – Collect data necessary for university planning, research, reporting, and other institutional effectiveness functions.
• Analyzes and creates time-sensitive reports on large, complex data sets to support the enrollment goals of the office.
• Assists with generation of weekly and ad-hoc reports and validates the content prior to dissemination.
• Works closely with Information Technology Services to validate data and ensure data integrity.
• Collaborate with the Admissions Data and Operations Analyst to develop process improvements with application process flow, and business processes, as well as analyze specific business problems to determine the appropriate technology solutions.
10% – Provides oversight and manages the daily operations of the systems and data area of the office. Directs, supervises, and conduct performance planning and evaluation for Assistant Director of Admissions Systems and CRM , Admissions Data and Operations Analyst and Document Imaging Coordinator. Sets goals as well as provides leadership and training for staff.
5% – Serves as acting Director in absence of the Director of Internal Operations.
5% – Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
• Experience providing supervision and performance management of staff.
• Experience using a student information system.
• Experience and knowledge using a constituent relationship management system (CRM ).
• Experience with report writing using data extraction and analysis.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly with Excel to convey complex data using tables, charts, and infographics.
• Bachelor’s degree or greater in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related discipline from an accredited institution.
• Experience in admissions or enrollment services.
• Two or more years’ experience using Ellucian Banner, with particular experience in Banner tables.
• Experience with Banner Workflow.
• At least five years of progressive experience in admissions or enrollment services.
• At least three years of experience providing supervision and performance management for staff.
• Two or more years’ of experience administering Technolutions Slate, to include configuration of admissions forms and ongoing basic administration of the system.
• Proficient in data extraction, verification and analysis within a relational database (MS Access, Excel, MS SQL ).
• Experience managing projects, including implementation of technology platforms to support Enrollment Management processes.
• Project management experience.
Posting Date: 10/24/2018
Closing Instructions: Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Complete applications received by November 6, 2018 will receive full consideration. Position is open until filled.
IMPORTANT : In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
To apply, visit http://apptrkr.com/1362930
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.