The Division of Marketing & Communications serves as a strategic advisor to partners and units across campus; purposefully fulfilling partner’s goals and objectives, helping to increase knowledge, support enrollment and engage students, alumni, faculty and staff. The division proactively shapes the University’s brand and optimizes the University’s reputation internally and externally in a transparent manner. The Division of Marketing & Communications shares the many stories of how the University and its people are improving the human condition, for the purpose of advancing the University’s strategies.
The Business Coordinator acts as the administrative resource to the Division of Marketing & Communications staff as it relates to the business operations of the department and the university. Reporting to the Director of Operations/Budget Officer for the Division of Marketing & Communications, the Business Coordinator will assist with projects and processes related to the recruitment and hiring of staff, expense tracking, reporting and processing, purchasing/procurement, and will serve as the Division of Marketing & Communication’s first point of contact for other faculty and staff campus-wide. The Business Coordinator applies best practice guidelines, policies and procedures related to business practices and internal control procedures. The Business Coordinator will also perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to photocopying, faxing, mail distribution, filing, note taking and scheduling.
- Front office phone reception, directing calls and taking messages as appropriate, greets visitors and directs needs to appropriate University resource and contact
- Assists with requisitions, purchase order updates, vendor invoices, and direct pays working with appropriate budgetary guidelines;
- Initiates workflow process for contracts and work orders for legal approval
- Coordinates purchasing card transactions, monitors and reconciles departmental purchasing card and tracks receipts and office expenditures. This includes transaction allocations and timelines, ensuring transaction logs and packets are completed with budgetary compliance, signed by appropriate approval order and submitted in the necessary timeframes making any necessary changes online prior to the close date
- Coordinates and completes all transactions related to employment action requests (PAR/JCR) including posting of positions, scheduling timeline workflow of selection process and assist in coordinating search activities as needed
- Serves as the recruiting and HR liaison and coordinates the hiring process from posting to onboarding. This includes working with the hiring supervisor and a variety of other staff to ensure that space, technology, other needs are met, facilitating introductions, initiating training/orientation, and otherwise acting as a resource to help new employees feel welcome
- Maintains office supply inventory, coordinates office supply ordering and department facility requests and coordinates, and maintains equipment inventory, re-purposing of equipment, refresh dates and procurement of new equipment working with IT and Procurement departments to adhere to University guidelines/workflows
- Leads all team building event and activity coordination
- Assists Director of Operations with vendor management coordination including, but not limited to contract review and markups, contract and purchase order scope changes
- Assists department staff with meeting and room scheduling
- Assists the Division of Marketing & Communications with note taking at meetings and sending meeting minutes and recaps
- Maintains the Divisional email address and ensures emails are answered and routed appropriately
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience working in an environment that requires confidentiality
- Ability to review, examine, and prepare documents with a keen attention to detail
- Demonstrated computer skills and proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills; must be able to listen to and communicate effectively with highly diverse University community members, always with a focus on friendly customer service
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple simultaneous projects
- Ability to prioritize based on urgency and level of importance identify and engage with the correct stakeholders and complete deadlines on time
- Skilled in organizing resources and establishing workflows
- Strong knowledge and understanding of operational, financial and administrative processes
- Experience with recruiting, hiring and onboarding processes
- Experience reviewing contracts
- Experience working with a wide range of stakeholders
- A self-starter. Able to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Must possess a strong work ethic demonstrated by managing time wisely and maintaining a balanced and consistent performance with a positive attitude and high ethical standards that reflect honesty, integrity, cooperation, and reliability
- Forward-looking and rational thinker, who has a problem-solving mindset, actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Demonstrated experience managing conflict, working well with diverse personalities, and being self-accountable
- High School Education or Diploma
- 2 years of progressively responsible administrative experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of administrative experience
- Experience working in a higher education institution
- Standard office environment
- Unexpected interruptions occur often and stress level is moderate to high
- Noise level is quiet to moderate
- This position is considered a mandatory reporter of discrimination and harassment pursuant to the University’s Office of Equal Opportunity & Title IX Procedures
1. Ability to sit in front of a computer for an extended period of time
2. Occasionally required to move about the office/campus with the capability of transporting objects up to 20 lbs
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Evenings and weekends as required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on December 2, 2019.
Candidates must apply online through www.jobs.du.edu">jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The hourly range for the position is $22.50 – $24.52
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.