Capital Sisters International is a nonprofit organization that raises funds for microfinance institutions (MFIs) that make tiny business loans ($100 to $400) to impoverished women in developing countries. We are a nonprofit impact investment fund – we sell $1,000 Sister Bonds® investment notes and we loan the proceeds to MFIs in developing countries that focus on women. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to help the organization implement its National Expansion Plan to fund $20 million in micro loans, improving the lives of one million people.
We are looking for an experienced business person to manage our operations and provide back office support for our programs and fundraising activities. She or he will be responsible for the efficiency of the business and for identifying process improvements, in order to contribute to sustainable growth. This person will report to the CEO and CFO and will work closely with the Executive Assistant, who is familiar with the activities listed below. By joining a small staff there is potential for significant impact and growth. The position will initially be 20 hours per week, with the opportunity for growth over time. Staff meet weekly in Golden but otherwise work remotely.
Specific responsibilities, some regular and some occasional, with the support of the Executive Assistant, include:
Operations – manage vendor relationships; electronic filing system; organizational calendar; organizational insurances; scheduling and logistics for meetings and travel; maintain charity and other business registrations;
Manage financial records – oversee bookkeeper and revenue and expense transactions and payments; prepare management reports and analysis of performance; manage annual audit and 990; coordinate budget development;
Technology – oversee and protect electronic filing system and other technology assets and processes; identify technology needs, contribute to technology strategy, and oversee vendors; oversee potential migration to Google or other business suite; implement updates to WordPress website.
Human resources – oversee timesheets and payroll (contracted out); update Employee Manual and policies as needed; act as point of contact for personnel issues and communications; coordinate hiring process as needed.
Board of Directors – coordinate meetings; prepare materials and minutes; update Board Manual as needed;
Database – oversee Salesforce database, ensuring the integrity of data; oversee input and maintenance of contact, donor and investor data; oversee regular reporting and prepare ad hoc analytical reports as needed; recommend system enhancements in order to improve efficiency.
Communications – prepare and track donor, investor and stakeholder communications; coordinate and execute periodic electronic mailings (in MailChimp) and event invitations (using Paperless Post); coordinate and execute a year-end mailing to 1000 recipients; support the development team with printed materials, presentations, videos and other communications.
Events – support the execution of fundraising, bond marketing and educational events which range from small house parties to 100 person events in public spaces; coordinate logistics for annual trips for groups of supporters to visit microfinance partners in the field.
Capital Sisters International is looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic individual with the following characteristics:
- 5-10 years of professional work experience in an operations role;
- A project manager who can multi-task, prioritize, anticipate deadlines but MUST also be highly organized and detail oriented;
- Demonstrated ability to analyze situations, solve problems and make decisions;
- Experience with accounting and QuickBooks; familiarity with nonprofit accounting is valuable but not a requirement;
- Comfortable supervising and collaborating with Executive Assistant and outside vendors and contractors;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Proficient with technology including Office, Salesforce, MailChimp, Paperless Post, or similar platforms and WordPress;
- Willingness to occasionally respond to time-sensitive needs outside of normal work hours;
- Highest degree of integrity and respect for confidentiality of information;
- Self-motivated and able to work virtually but also a team player who works well in a small but collaborative and fast-paced environment.
Salary and Benefits
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with skills and experience.