COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST / HOUSING
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs routine audits of all on-site programs files and assists in correcting problem areas with the Property Managers.
- Offers support and assist with one-on-one training with on-site staff.
- Monitor timely collection of paperwork needed for recertifications.
- Assure that re-certification letters to residents are produced and sent out 120 days prior to initial certification on all programs. Ability to manage Tax Credit, HAP, RAP & Section 8 based files.
- Review, approve, and upload move-in files prior to move-in date.
- Ability to handle all problems, complaints and questions in regard to compliance paperwork.
- Review, understand, and provide monthly, quarterly, and all reports pertaining to compliance.
- Assist in the set-up of new tax credit units.
- Remain up-to-date on compliance procedures and trainings. Assure that all compliance changes and requirements made by Housing Authorities are adhered to.
- Communicate with maintenance and Property Manager to ensure all turn-overs are completed on time, as well as any inspections are completed prior to move-in.
- Completes company required training by established deadline.
- Complies with all SMHO standards, applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state, and federal laws.
This is not a comprehensive list of duties. There may be other duties assigned.
- Must have previous tax credit compliance experience.
- Must have a working knowledge of the requirements of HUD programs.
- Must have experience with Yardi Affordable or other similar software program.
SMHO offers the following annual benefits:
11 paid holidays; 4 floating holidays; vacation and sick time accrual;
401 account with 5% company match; 457 account with 2% company match;
flexible work schedules; (i.e., 4 10-hr days; 4 9-hr days plus 4-hr Friday; 5 8-hr days)
medical / dental / vision; FSA Healthcare and Dependent Child Care accounts
Company paid life insurance
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer