Provide service to single hotel meeting groups/inquiries as well as administrative support to department staff in a variety of capacities including but not limited to: preparation of various written communications, events/meeting planning, telephone coverage, reporting, research, database management and assisting with completion of specially assigned projects.
- Service definite single hotel meeting groups and convention center groups 0-150 rooms on peak. Groups are serviced on demand
- Answer, respond and track inquiry calls from meetings not booked by VISIT DENVER.
- Maintain knowledge of event facilities, hotels, City of Denver, and the Colorado Convention Center.
- Maintain knowledge of all promotional materials available to groups.
- Serve as the central distribution point for group fulfillment‑citywide and non‑citywide groups. (includes processing of promotional material and visitor guide orders for pick‑up & delivery).
- Accurately and efficiently prepare general correspondences, charts, tables, graphs, PowerPoint presentations, Adobe Illustrator Maps, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar, layout and making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Administer and maintain department related databases, project plans and spreadsheets to track information and handle projects.
- Assist with coordination of client site tours and itineraries. Duties include but not limited to: arranging transportation to/from DEN, securing hotel rooms, communicating the schedule with partners, entering information into the database for tracking and managing changes as they arise.
- Respond to requests for information and follow up in a timely manner. Filter all routine and non-routine questions, email, visitors and phone calls.
- Act as a liaison with other departments and external parties, including high-level staff, partners, properties and current & potential clients.
- Manage department specific programs as directed.
- Prepare and distribute various weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual internal and external reports within established deadlines as directed.
- Coordinate all pre-trip aspects associated with promotion trips to include but not limited to: ordering promotional material, securing hotel rooms, managing shipments, etc. Occasionally will travel for these promotion trips.
- Organize, maintain and archive various departmental records.
- Provide backup coverage to the front desk/main switchboard i.e. receptionist breaks, lunch period and/or absences.
- Other duties as assigned.
A four-year degree is required; Preferably in hospitality, administration, public relations or other relevant fields of study.
Minimum 1 year experience in an administrative support role; Hospitality experience is a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Proficient technology application skills; Advanced MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Access), MS Outlook and Internet Explorer skills. Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator a plus
- Excellent command of the English language, oral and written
- Effective interpersonal skills, maturity, good judgment and capable of communicating in a professional manner with a diverse range of individuals.
- Efficient and proven organizational skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects/responsibilities simultaneously while meeting stringent deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Resourceful problem solving and follow up skills
- Pro-active; solid analytical skills; detail oriented
- Reliable, dependable, flexible and responsive; must be available to work overtime or outside normal business hours as required
- Minimal travel required
- Must be able to sit for an extended period of time
- Must be able to bend, stoop and reach
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis