Velocity Global is one of the fastest growing self-funded companies in the country and hands down one of the greatest places to work anywhere in the world. But it’s not for everyone. There are certain qualities and passions you must have to fit into our “Team of 10’s”:
- We move with VELOCITY and you have to relish in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- We believe in being of service, which means you have to check your ego at the door
- We believe in taking our work seriously but not being serious at work
- We find passion in all things international business – it has to be in your bones
If you find the above personal attributes apply to you, continue reading.
We are looking for a prolific and talented Copywriter and Content Creation Specialist to be based in our Denver, CO headquarters. This full-time position will be responsible for a wide variety of writing projects, including brand messaging, ad copy, case studies, and editorial/blog content to expand our company’s digital footprint, awareness, subscribers, and leads. The successful candidate will be skilled across media channels and audiences and have strength in using words to reach, engage, and convert. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills. This individual will temporarily report to the Director of Marketing and will work closely with the sales team and all sides of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead development of compelling copy and content for a variety of marketing initiatives: websites, blog posts, case studies/whitepapers, eBooks, webinars, emails, video scripts, landing pages, social media, advertising campaigns, press releases, and additional marketing/sales collateral
- Help refine our brand voice/messaging and maintain consistency of our voice across all marketing efforts both inbound and outbound. You will be the gatekeeper of the brand voice.
- Develop and deploy a strategy to leverage content for adaptation and usage across mediums
- Identify gaps in existing content and develop ways to strengthen our brand and voice across content channels through creation of powerful persona-driven content
- Extend the life of content by finding ways to repurpose across multiple mediums and formats
- Assist in the development of buyer personas through research, analysis, and client conversations
- Interview employees, clients, and industry experts and be able to create well-written and engaging content
- Assist in development of engaging copy for social media accounts (managed by the PR and Events Specialist)
- Edit all communication efforts to match the style and voice of our brand
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not construed to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 2-5 years of experience in copywriting, editing and proofreading experience, B2B experience preferred
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in Communications, Journalism, or English or related field or equivalent experience
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofing skills with ability to produce own materials (blog posts, whitepapers, research materials, etc.) including rules of composition and grammar, spelling, and punctuation as well as more “punchy” direct response or sales oriented communications
- Demonstrated experience developing persona-focused content for a wide variety of channels and mediums (web, blogs, email, social, video, etc.)
- Success in developing and implementing consistent and effective brand materials across all internal and external communications.
- Detailed knowledge of inbound marketing approaches, tactics, and processes, HubSpot experience a plus
- Self-directed, independent, strategic learner who also appreciates collaboration
- Strategic thinking skills and a positive, can-do attitude are central to the role
- Strong project management, time management, and organizational capabilities with the ability to manage numerous competing priorities are required
- Extremely organized with attention to detail
- Understanding of brand and marketing strategy and how to produce copy to achieve objectives
- Proven ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment; willingness to pitch in to help the team
Velocity Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer