The Database Coordinator is responsible for maintenance of the CML database, IQA reporting, primary desktop and technical support and a wide range of member services. This position provides support for CML staff, activities, strategic goals and objectives, activities, events and provides high quality services to CML members.
Specific responsibilities for the Database Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain and update iMIS database of municipal officials and associate members. Responsible for updating the iMIS database in a timely manner and to ensure the accuracy of information.
- Conduct regular audits of data to maintain data integrity, confirm accurate data entry processes and identifying and eliminating duplicate records.
- Review daily logs and update membership records created online.
- Create and update IQA reports to extract information from the database for the annual conference, production of mailing lists and labels, committee lists, staff and outside inquiries for general information about municipalities.
- Develop and produce accurate and timely routine and special reports, and data retrievals for staff as needed.
- Create and update processes within Process Automation and member engagement scoring.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures for data entry, database maintenance and security.
- Update dashboards in iMIS Rise content management system.
- Assist with establishing PCI compliance and ongoing security and compliance for iMIS database.
- Process updates to database to add newly elected officials after municipal elections.
- Provide iMIS training and assistance to CML staff.
- Process municipal and associate membership dues billing and payments. Prepare renewal invoices and apply payments for municipal and associate members.
- Prepare annual member directory of municipal and associate members.
- Prepare and invoice mailing labels for CML members.
- Maintain iMIS activity records for MuniVersity Program. Close all training/outreach events and apply credits, run reports, answer inquiries and prepare related schedules.
- Add, update and administer L-soft listservs for the clerks, managers, attorneys, finance officers, human resources, PIO and Public Works listservs. Maintain accurate iMIS tracking of listserv subscribers.
- Enter check deposits and credit card payments into iMIS Accounts Receivable and Service Central modules.
- Process sponsorship invoices and registrations for conference sponsors.
- Set up webinar events in iMIS for online registration and Gotowebinar. Monitor webinar training events.
- Prepare invoices for advertising in Colorado Municipalities magazine. Maintain subscription records, prepare and mail renewal notice.
- Enter transactions and process shipping and invoicing of publication orders and online orders in iMIS.
- Provide primary technical support to end users on database, desktop and software issues, working with outside vendors as needed.
- Administer Careerlink postings on the CML website. Review, approve and post ads for members.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following abilities:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and generates creative solutions.
- Initiative – Takes independent actions to assist the organization; asks for help and offers help when needed.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to member needs and solicits feedback to improve service.
- Teamwork – Gives and welcomes feedback; exhibits objectivity and openness to the views of others.
- Positive Attitude – Creates a can-do climate and approaches others in a pleasant, happy and upbeat manner.
- Quality Management – Demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness and a willingness to learn and looks for ways to improve and promote quality and efficiency.
- Motivation – Sets challenging goals and demonstrates persistence at overcoming obstacles to achieve goals.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities to use time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; approaches others in a tactful manner; respects other people and treats them with consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Ethics – Upholds a high standard of ethics and acts with honesty, fairness, objectivity and responsibility and encourages others to adhere to the same standard.
Required knowledge and skills:
Intermediate knowledge of Database systems and report writing, MS Excel, Word, Access and Outlook. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Some college education preferred and two years of experience with responsibility for database oversight are required.
Salary and benefits are competitive.