The Adoption Exchange is a 35+ year-old non-profit organization, based in Aurora, CO. Our mission is to ensure that no youth waits in foster care, ever, for the lifetime love and support of one caring adult.
Our work is in partnership with state and local governments, bringing philanthropic dollars and innovation to the search for families for the longest waiting children in foster care. Our total budget is about $6.0 million and growing, with approximately one-third of that revenue coming from federal, state, and local government sources. The remainder is raised philanthropically. We have approximately 70 staff located primarily in Colorado, Utah, and Nevada.
Our work is data-driven and meaningful. There are approximately 120,000 children across the country actively in need of a permanent home. These children are in the system due to abuse and neglect – and through no fault of their own. Data shows that targeted recruitment and support can increase the odds of finding a permanent, loving, supportive family, and that having that family dramatically increases the odds of success for a child.
We change the world – one child and one family at a time. To date, we have helped to connect over 9,000 children with families and we are currently actively recruiting for approximately 450 children.
Reporting to the Director of Donor Relations and working cooperatively with staff and volunteers of The Adoption Exchange, the Development Coordinator ensures integrity of the donor database, processes gifts and acknowledgments, provides support for donor data reporting and prepares donor mailings. The Development Coordinator will also provide general administrative and event support to the department.
- Ensure all information in donor database records is current, accurate, and meets organizational standards through:
- Accurately enters donor information and gifts
- Collaborate with finance team to reconcile fundraising revenue to the financial system and maintain an updated record of pledges in the database
- Ensure data consistency through audit queries and global data changes
- Work with the Development team to keep projections accurate
- Train staff in proper use and procedures of database to ensure consistency of data
- Generate and customize donor correspondence including gift acknowledgements, honor/memorial acknowledgments and sustaining donor letters in a timely manner
- Answer general donor phone calls and process donations made over the phone, as needed
- Assist with Raiser’s Edge reports and queries for mailing lists, grant submissions, and donor analysis
- With direction from Events and Community Relations Manager, data entry and report generation from events management software for all special events
- Recruit, train, and schedule volunteers for special events, acting as volunteer coordinator at all special events
- Assist Events and Community Relations Manager with the execution of Backpacks program
- Under the direction of Events and Community Relations Manager, coordinate all aspects of the Birthday Wishes program
- Support the VP of Development by managing calendars; completing expense reports; arranging travel plans and team meetings
- Schedule donor meetings on behalf of the VP of Development, as needed
- Other support to development event production as necessary
Approximate Allocation of Time:
70% – Gift Processing and acknowledgement, Donor Data Management
15% – Event Support
15% – Administrative support to the VP of Development and to the Development Team for special projects
Supervisory Position: No