Areas of Responsibility
- Create compelling proposals, summary reports, and related collateral needed to reach annual fund development goals.
- Execute cultivation and stewardship plans that deepen relationships and create a high-quality donor experience. Plans will include regular correspondence, thoughtful donor engagement, invitations, site visits, mailings, and acknowledgements.
- Assemble and submit high quality, strategic grant requests including narratives, budgets, and other up-to-date attachments, tailoring communications to persuasively align stakeholder interests with LENA’s mission.
- Compose compelling, well-structured written materials, updates, and pitches that effectively and convincingly demonstrate the impact of LENA’s solutions to donors.
- Build calendars and project plans to ensure LENA meets deadlines and completes initiatives and related deliverables on time.
- Use strategic pipeline management to convert prospects into supporters of LENA.
- Develop detailed prospect research and briefs on targeted funding sources and apply research into thoughtful agendas and follow ups for all meetings and phone calls.
- Leverage LENA’s leadership to identify well-positioned champions to influence prospective partners.
- Optimize timing and nature of senior leadership engagement as opportunities mature.
- Work cross functionally within LENA to support successful fund development.
- Collaborate with the sales team to ensure financially successful and logistically seamless fundraising and donor cultivation and recognition events.
- Create and execute regular mailings and campaigns.
- Collaborate with other teams and external vendors to ensure the biannual LENA Conference is well attended, executed with excellence, and that follow-up is timely.
- Track record and proficiency conducting research, prospecting, and driving ongoing development efforts in thriving organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to implement development operations with high fidelity.
- Ability to develop compelling reports and communications for both internal and external use.
- Known for executing work in a highly organized, analytical, and data-driven manner.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility when promoting LENA to external audiences.
- High degree of comfort and poise with major donors, sponsors, corporations, and prospects.
- Creative, innovative, and entrepreneurial mindset and leadership style.
- Strong interpersonal skills including relationship and trust building, communication and listening, and personal engagement.
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy.
- Creative, innovative and entrepreneurial mindset and leadership style.
- Proven experience in the execution of high-quality appeals and special events.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field plus at least 4 years of work experience, ideally in high-performing education organizations.
We offer an excellent benefits package (including medical, dental, vision, life/disability, HSA/FSA, 401(k), & Paid Time Off) and a competitive salary.