Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Vail Resorts is hiring a Digital Experience Specialist who will be responsible for improving our website experience for Lift Access products. Do you have passion for delivering a digital experience that is effortless? Do you want to be challenged and have a meaningful impact on driving business performance as well as creating an Experience of Lifetime for our guests? We are seeking an Digital Experience Specialist who has a curiosity to learn how things work, become a subject matter expert in our content management systems, is able to troubleshoot website issues, provide UX recommendations, write enhancement requirements and lead projects through development, QA, User Acceptance Testing and launch. This person must also be a highly effective communicator to stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Subject matter expert in Sitecore, our Content Management System, in order to support content changes on the website and to execute Web Personalization rules.
- Conduct Sitecore training for new resorts and new hires.
- Subject matter expert on the guest flow and online experience for Lift Access products, as well as a solid understanding of the technical capabilities of the site.
- Maintain documentation on the digital experience for Lift Access products.
- Leverage data (Adobe web analytics, industry data) to support decision making.
- Leverage user experience best practices to recommend page layouts and users flows. This role will own the execution and testing of go-to-market marketing campaigns.
- Responsible for conducting audits of resort sites and recommend UX improvements.
- Create detailed user stories and partner with IT developers to implement and test enhancements to the website.
- Manage and prioritize the backlog for Lift Access bugs and enhancements. This role will work with various stakeholders to prioritize the backlog and must be able to articulate business priorities and have tough conversations around what can and cannot be accomplished.
- Provide transparency and effectively communication around project timelines, maintenance enhancements, and priority issues.
- Responsible for coordinating with various departments and resorts to define and execute season start activities.
- The primary point of contact when an urgent Priority 1 issue surfaces. This role is responsible for acting as the first line of defensive to troubleshoot the problem and effectively communicate the issue to stakeholders. In this role, there is an expectations of being on call or available nights and weekends to troubleshoot an issue should it arise. This responsibility will be shared and rotate among other digital specialists on the team.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Business, Marketing, Computer Science, Management Information Systems) required.
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar position (marketing, e-commerce, email, or other online marketing).
- Highly experienced working with content management systems, like Sitecore, WordPress, Drupal, Umbraco, or others.
- Understanding of website standards, usability, site design, and eCommerce.
- Understanding and experience participating in Agile scrum ceremonies.
- Excellent communication skills, including experience presenting to senior-level audiences.
- Experience problem solving with non-digital stakeholder, explaining technical issues in business terms.
- Experience with web analytics and is able to look at data to determine the business impact of a problem or an enhancement.
- Highly organized and able to multi-task complex unrelated needs of the business.
- Experience prioritizing multiple tasks concurrently based on larger goals.
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.