Director, ITS Network and Infrastructure Services
Position Number: E 840
Salary for Announcement: The starting salary for this position is $122,491. The final salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Employee Category: Administrators
Department: ITS – Leadership
Reporting to the CIO, the Director of ITS Network and Infrastructure Services provides leadership for planning, organization, and management of the enterprise data centers, networking, and server infrastructure. This includes coordination with various external entities such as the Auraria Higher Education Center (AHEC), Front Range Gigapop (FRGP), and other campus and vendor partners.
The Director collaborates closely with Information Technology Services personnel, campus policy and governance groups, Deans, Directors, and other campus leadership. This position also maintains external relations with industry associations, numerous vendors, and consultants.
Metropolitan State University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. IND208
35% Operational Leadership
– Ensures the enterprise server, networking, and data center infrastructure for Metropolitan State University of Denver is highly available, reliable, innovative, and robust.
– Collaborates with the Auraria Higher Education Center (AHEC) and counterparts from neighboring institutions to manage the campus networking and telecommunications infrastructure.
– Manages vendor relationships associated with infrastructure-related contracts and service engagements.
– Collaborates with the Director of Application Services and others within ITS as appropriate to provide configuration specifications for all enterprise server, networking, and datacenter infrastructure.
– In coordination with ITS Leadership, develops and maintains an enterprise disaster recovery plan for enterprise systems and services
25% Staff Management and Development
– Lead a broad team of full- and part-time employees, providing direct supervision to team managers
– Encourage a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring alignment with University needs and industry best practices.
– Craft team strategic objectives and lead initiatives to support achievement.
– Encourage ongoing skill development and staff enrichment.
25% Strategic Leadership
– Serve on the ITS leadership team, representing the organization both internally and externally on a regular basis.
– Participate in strategic planning exercises, guiding initiatives and investment on a 3-5 year time horizon.
– Operate one or more budgets, representing a range of capital and operational expenses.
– Participate in technology governance and oversight activities.
– Interface with senior university leadership on an as-needed basis.
10% Technology Leadership
– Directs the development and maintenance of performance and reliability systems, metrics, and documentation.
– Directs strategic and capacity planning for upgrades and expansions to enterprise infrastructure.
– Provides expert-level strategic guidance for operational resources on network and data center design.
– Researches forward-thinking and innovative solutions in support of current and future campus needs.
5% Other Tasks as Assigned
– Occasional after-hours work and infrequent travel will be required for this position.
– Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
– Previous experience working directly in the field of information technology with increasing levels of responsibility
– Previous experience providing technical leadership and strong operational management in the areas of infrastructure and networking or in a related area
– Previous experience managing complex projects
– Previous experience applying industry standards and best practices to the management of information technology services
– Previous experience collaborating with others and lead cross-functional work groups
– 10 years experience in the field of information technology with increasing levels of responsibility
– Experience supervising technical managers and/or team leads in multiple functional areas.
– Master’s degree from an accredited institution in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, or a related field
– 5+ Years’ Experience with enterprise Network management, design, and implementation
– 3+ Years’ Experience with enterprise Server and Storage management and design
– 3+ Years’ Experience with disaster recovery planning
– 2+ Years’ Experience with blended on-premise, hybrid, and cloud environments.
– Experience speaking before groups of non-technical staff, effectively communicating technical issues and planning requirements.
Posting Date: 06/05/2019
Closing Instructions: Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Complete applications received by July 5, 2019 will receive full consideration. Position is open until filled.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
To apply, visit https://www.msudenverjobs.com/postings/12274
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.