Title: Director of Communications and Marketing
Location: Keystone Colorado, Denver Colorado or Washington DC
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Reports to: President and Chief Executive Officer
Closing Date: March 8, 2019
The Keystone Policy Center (KPC) has been helping public, private, and civic-sector leaders solve complex problems and advance good public policy since 1975. We rely on our independence, our commitment to good science, and our skills in designing and leading consensus-building processes to establish new partnerships, reduce conflict, and produce policy agreements. The Director of Communications and Marketing collaborates with staff in developing and implementing communications strategies to support programs, projects and initiatives, and to attract new partners and donors.
- Develop, implement, and manage organizational communications strategy
- Acts as the communications gatekeeper
- Identifying opportunities to raise organizational presence via forums, panel discussions, webinars, earned media, etc., especially in our core programmatic areas
- Work with program and project directors to identify key messages for public dissemination
- Generate project and program content for media outlets
- Work with Fundraising and Awards Dinner staff and awardees to develop a promotional strategy for the event
- Develop and distribute public communications including press releases, news alerts, reports, and other communications as needed in the following areas:
- Project-specific news
- Board of Trustees
- Energy Board
- General organizational news
- Special events
- Track media on our programs, staff, board, etc.
- Develop fresh content for website and ensure status of all projects is updated regularly
- Actively managing organizational social media accounts
- Website management to ensure that content is current to include the News page, staff bios and resumes, and project information
- Develop and produce materials to help promote the organization.
- Look for opportunities to connect and communicate KPC’s work with potential funders and clients.
- Work to increase the online visibility of KPC.
- Use analytic tools to measure interest in social media activity.
- Manage the production of the Annual Report
- Uses inclusive processes and collaborative decision-making internally
- Has defined a personal version of balance and is making clear efforts to achieve it while meeting the professional obligations to KPC.
- Takes the initiative for self-development
- Takes advantage of various leadership opportunities that present themselves
- Serves as informal mentor to other staff
- Proficient in MS Office applications and knowledge of survey tools, basic website creation and social media
- Good judgement
- Good connections
- Efficient and able to meet deadlines and turn content around quickly
- Able to prioritize a diverse workload
- Collaboration skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Solid knowledge of technological communication tools
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) required, Graduate degree preferred. Five plus years of experience directly related to the field of communications.
Training: Seek opportunities for communications training as needed.
Travel: Some travel is expected and is dependent on event needs.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands: This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EEO Statement: In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at KPC will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The Keystone Policy Center is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, national origin, disability, age or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status").
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Keystone Policy Center offers and excellent benefit package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, FSA plan, 401(k) with employer match, and a generous leave schedule.
To Apply: Please provide a full resume, cover letter, three references, and any salary requirements to Sue Wilcox at email@example.com no later than March 8, 2019. Please reference Director of Communications and Marketing in subject line.