We are seeking a Director of Donor Relations for our Denver location to serve our community and support our lifesaving services. This mission-critical role serves as the key steward for a portfolio of current and prospective philanthropists in support of the American Red Cross. You will be expected to meet annual revenue targets by identifying, engaging, cultivating, and soliciting gifts from regional donors, thereby advancing the organizational mission and creating meaningful impact in the lives of both donors and beneficiaries of that mission.
Candidates will have shown success in strategy, portfolio development, prospect development and relationships. This position will manage fundraising efforts and does not have any direct reports.
Areas of Responsibility
• You will engage in relationships with corporate and foundation donors, while having a significant amount of opportunity to develop giving strategies.
• Assist corporations in achieving their goals in strengthening their brand, marketing, and employee engagement by being proficient at clearly articulating Red Cross programs, listening to corporations' needs and aligning programs to their interests, researching of foundations' interests, preparing grant proposals, and engaging foundation staff and foundation board members to cultivate and solicit support for the American Red Cross.
• Ensure retention and growth of donor contributions.
• Meet or exceed a minimum annual fundraising target of $700,000, including renewable gifts and new incremental revenue, adjusting as necessary in the event of major domestic disasters.
• Design and disseminate customized solicitation strategies targeting organizational objectives and donor interests in partnership with cross-departmental teams; maintain up-to-date donor records in region/chapter database following donor contact.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; advanced degree highly preferred
- Minimum of 7 years’ major gifts leadership experience with an established track record of proactively growing philanthropic revenue from diverse constituencies; corporate and/or B2B sales leadership experience may substitute for fundraising experience
- Significant expertise with Denver’s funding community highly desirable
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and fundraising database systems (e.g., Raiser’s Edge or Salesforce.com)
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply. Search for requisition RC6218.
How To Apply