We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
POSITION: DIRECTOR, PARTNERSHIP MARKETING & MEDIA SALES
REPORTS TO: VICE PRESIDENT, PARTNERSHIP MARKETING
DEPARTMENT: PARTNERSHIP MARKETING & MEDIA SALES
- Develop fully-integrated, customized sponsorship platforms based on the specific and unique business challenges for each prospect, utilizing all of the brands and assets to help fulfill the client business objectives.
- Draw on a list of contacts developed from past sponsorship experiences and develop/cultivate (cold call) new corporate marketing prospects to pursue revenue.
- Research, prospect and establish leads for corporate relationships followed by an introductory needs analysis/discovery meeting utilizing a consultative sales approach.
- Continually keep abreast of sports marketing trends and knowledge of the marketplace.
- Works closely with other departments within the organization on corporate partner related programs including game operations, community relations, public relations, ticket sales and marketing, as well as team and facility operations.
- Prepares weekly sales reports and participates in Kroenke Sports & Entertainment activities/meetings.
- Capable and available to work extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
- Work in a team environment.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to successfully manage multiple customers and meet short deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working corporate relationships with senior level managers/clients
- Self-motivated team player with a proven ability to work with aggressive individual and team sales goals.
- Must have strong interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of sports marketing and types of sponsor inventory.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Possess superior negotiation skills coupled with a net profit bottom line mentality.
- Must be creative, detail oriented, possess a strong work ethic, and be willing to learn.
- Solutions oriented problem-solving mentality a must.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with TV, radio, digital, social, and print promotional media sales.
- Minimum 5 years of corporate sponsorship sales experience.
- Experience selling digital and out-of-home assets a plus.
- Experience with KORE CRM Software, Scarborough Research, Nielsen, Repucom, SportsDigita a plus.