Special Event Participant and Team Engagement (40%)
- Responsible for overall special event participant recruitment & fundraising efforts for both individuals and teams including cultivation and recruitment at events (including the Denver Strides for Epilepsy 5k, the Colorado Springs Strides for Epilepsy 5k, the Colors of the Mind Gala, and other events as assigned).
- Attendance at special events and committees is required including evening and/or weekend work with the goal of properly stewarding and cultivating fundraisers and donors of all levels.
- Monitor and report on the performance of fundraising portfolio to ensure timely responsiveness to new registrants, recognize fundraising and recruitment milestones, and maximize retention.
- Provide superior customer service for event participants and donors and serve as fundraising resource for all event participants.
- Assist with management of all VIP cultivation and recognition activities
- Assist with sponsor identification, solicitation, and engagement to drive corporate revenue growth at the Foundation’s special events and programs (camps, conferences, community trainings, etc.)
- Plan for and process donor acknowledgments including prize and incentive fulfillment
Other Fundraising Efforts (30%)
- Develop, implement, oversee and support a Do-It-Yourself (DIY) fundraising strategy for third-party fundraising activities
- Manage direct mail appeals
- Manage the annual Colorado Gives Day campaign
- Manage the Foundation’s workplace giving efforts, including partnerships with United Way, CFC, etc.
Volunteer Management (10%)
- Train, cultivate and steward all fundraising focused special event committee members including Chairs
- Engage volunteers, effectively communicating and facilitating meaningful opportunities across all fundraising event functions.
- Develop communication strategies and messaging for recruitment, activation, cultivation, and retention, including incentives and recognition
- Assist with the development, management, compilation, and reporting of results from surveys, feedback forms, etc.
- Identify recruitment opportunities for Events- i.e. sports expos, health fairs; ensure events are well staffed through recruitment of volunteers
- Contribute to the Foundation’s online and Social Media fundraising strategy, engaging our community through compelling messaging via email, the website, and various social media channels.
- Attend and participate in event committee meetings as necessary to understand the role of committee and provide appropriate staff support.
- Work in close partnership with the Special Events Manager to ensure success in accomplishment of mutual goals
- Enthusiastically support a team that often requires shared responsibilities to accomplish major tasks
- Manage gift accounting process, including recording donations into the donor database and maintaining donor records in an accurate & confidential manner
- Understand and effectively utilize the Foundation’s database and fundraising platforms to evaluate trends, produce reports and improve processes
- Other cross-departmental duties may be assigned based on staffing resources
- Highly polished, outgoing self-starter with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with colleagues, volunteers, fundraisers, and sponsors in a professional and enthusiastic manner
- Proven success in identifying, cultivating, and stewarding donors, sponsors and volunteers
- Minimum of 3-5 years of successful experience in a nonprofit environment, specifically in fundraising and volunteer management
- Superior project-management skills, with well-organized and demonstrated abilities to manage multiple priorities and programs simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and highly courteous interpersonal skills
- Public speaking experience and comfort level necessary
- Knowledge of Salesforce and Classy software preferred
- Ability to listen, respect, and incorporate new learning into job
- Ability to work flexible hours, nights and weekends when needed
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience
Generous vacation and sick time allowance
Flexible work schedule
Employer-paid Health and Dental insurance (for employee, option to buy-up to a family plan)
Retirement plan including an organizational match after 6 months