Financial Aid Operations Manager
Position Number: E 118
Salary for Announcement: The beginning of the salary range for this position is $52,086. The final salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Employee Category: Administrators
Department: FA – Financial Aid
SUMMARY: The FA Operations Manager manages the data exchange and process scheduling systems and procedures within the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships as well as managing the Operations Team including the manager and Operations Processor. The manager oversees and provides functional support for the systems involved in the data files exchanged with the US Department of Education and the processes for ISIR Dataload, budgeting, scheduling and packaging related to student financial aid. The manager is also responsible for the development, modification, implementation and testing of processes and data systems related to US Department of Education systems, MSU Denver's student information system, scheduling systems, website processes, notifications, imaging and security. The manager also provides oversight of the SAP processes. The manager serves as an essential function of the university, working closely with strategic enrollment management initiatives including recommending, establishing, and administering procedures and policies related to delivery of aid to students. This position is part of the Financial Aid Operations and Systems Unit within the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship, which is responsible for the data systems, operations, communications, compliance, reporting and funds management for MSU Denver. The incumbent works with the OFAS management team and all duties require monitoring and keeping current on State and Federal regulations and office policies and procedures in order to assure accurate and efficient release of information and program compliance
The incumbent is responsible for the administration and oversight of the operational systems and Operations Team, which are at the core of running an efficient and compliant financial aid office. This position reports to the Director of Financial Aid Operations and Systems and serves as part of Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships management.
Metropolitan State University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. IND208
1. This position provides oversight and management of the data systems used in the management, function and communications of all work units within the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships.
2. Provide leadership to the Operations Team to guide strategic initiatives and set appropriate priorities to tasks and requests.
3. Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of Banner and communication utilities as well as US Department of Education utilities such as EDE Express, CPS, Common Origination and Disbursement system and the National Student Loan Data System.
4. Update and collaborate with internal units to maintain current Banner operations and training for data systems and participate in the strategic use of systems in the development of institutional and office initiatives.
5. Participate in the unit leadership meetings as the subject matter expert in dataload, budget and scheduling systems as well as SAP process.
6. Lead the development and maintenance of unit policy and procedures as well as any unit strategies or initiatives as required by regulatory changes or streamlining efforts.
7. Develop, build and maintain budgets for algorithmic period based budgeting processes.
8. Collaborate to develop and implement packaging policy process.
9. Ensure appropriate development, testing and maintenance for Operations functions, including methods to assess outcomes and position Operations for continual process improvement.
10. Remain vigilant in troubleshooting operations systems and processes and proactively engage resources to anticipate system or processing issues, such as IFAP listservs, Ellucian communities, NASFAA news, and etc.
1. This position is responsible for the supervision of the Operations Team consisting of the Operations Processor and is responsible for the job duties assigned to the processor.
2. This position must hire, train and supervise staff to complete the duties and responsibilities of the Operations Unit.
3. Work with staff to develop annual goals and program development plans to support the initiatives of the office and university.
25% Data Base Development, Reporting, and Maintenance
1. Maintain scheduling and automated notification and communication channels for OFAS.
2. Test and trouble-shoot existing, updated and new Banner implementations and/or computer programs/software and functions as well as communication and notification processes.
3. Oversee function and operations of data imported and extracted to/from Banner and work with leadership to develop standardized reports to help track and troubleshoot data or notification system issues.
4. Implement and maintain a tracking system to monitor communications and notifications to students.
5. Monitor, track and address issues with data files, communications, process scheduling, and SAP.
6. Develop assessments to ensure timely completion of tasks.
10% Other duties, Outreach, and Training
1. Develop and deliver internal training regarding OFAS Operations Systems and SAP processes.
If fluent in another language, employee may be asked to counsel students/parents in that language.
• A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
• Professional experience in Financial Aid or related area
• Supervisory experience
• Experience with Ellucian’s Banner database system or related system.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently.
• Experience meeting deadlines in a high-stress environment.
• Experience collaborating with teams to complete organizational goals.
• Experience managing workflows and coordinating the work of others.
• Experience supervising professional staff.
Posting Date: 06/27/2019
Closing Instructions: Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Complete applications received by July 11, 2019 will receive full consideration. Position is open until filled.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
To apply, visit https://www.msudenverjobs.com/postings/12460
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.