Job Description: Government Affairs Coordinator
Reports to: President and CEO
Job Type: Full-time, salary plus full benefits
The Government Affairs Coordinator will assist the President & CEO and Government Affairs Manager with business-related political issues to help keep members informed of key issues and to assist in influencing legislation at the state and local level.
Functions and Responsibilities Include:
- Research of proposed or existing regulations or laws at the federal, state, county, and city levels.
- Assist in tracking and monitoring status of bills of interest to CRA.
- Conduct research around and recommend positions on issues affecting CRA.
- Assist in the development of political strategy for influencing state, county, and city lawmakers and regulators.
- Work with CRA government affairs team to advocate for the interests of CRA members.
- Organize meetings and/or testimony of members when directed.
- Represent CRA at meetings as directed by President & CEO and/or Government Affairs Manager.
- Provide government affairs updates for CRA communications.
- Testify before the Colorado Legislature, rule-making hearings, and municipal government hearings when directed.
- Other duties as assigned by President & CEO.
- Bachelor Degree in Political Science, Public Administration, or related degree.
- Thorough understanding of the food and beverage business.
- Understanding of legislative process at state, county, and local levels.
- Effective listening, writing, and telephone skills.
- Ability to speak to large groups and testify at hearings.
- Proper etiquette.
- Ability to understand complex legal issues and legislation.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel in this position.