About Our Job
This posting will accept applications until February 18th. Please apply as soon as possible.
Denver Human Services provides assistance benefits and protection and prevention services to one in three Denver residents. Assistance programs include food, cash and medical benefits, child care, child support, employment first, veterans' services and general assistance for eligible Denver residents. Protection & Prevention services are provided via child, youth and adult protection, along with community-focused programming, including in-home services, designed to strengthen families and prevent future occurrences of abuse or neglect.
Denver Human Services (DHS) is seeking a Grants and Development Manager to provide overall assistance and guidance to the various DHS divisions related to various federal, state, and private grants. This job will also be responsible for searching out new grant opportunities and for high-level oversight of the full lifecycle of grants.
The primary duties of this exciting position are as follows:
- -Providing strategies to the DHS divisions on seeking federal, state, and local grant funds that will complement, provide additional resources, or create new services opportunities for clients. Assists the program area to develop robust grant applications. Thoroughly reviews of grant applications to vet resource and compliance requirements as well as alignment with the DHS mission.
- -Serving as primary liaison with community based organizations, other Denver departments, and high-level officials on resource and grant development
- -Making recommendations to management regarding whether grant opportunities are a good fit for DHS (this will include weighing the potential benefits and liabilities, researching grant requirements, and providing professional guidance on the grant)
- -Providing direction and support to Program Managers, Grant Accountants, Contract Administrators, and other grant related staff as needed through thorough research and thoughtful contemplation of the pros and cons of the recommended course of action.
- -Assists with monitoring reporting activities to funders for compliance with grant requirements
- -Assisting with audit compliance as needed
- -Establishing and monitoring the program effectiveness of all grants based on outcome measures
- -Prepares periodic reports for management on current grants detailing total funding, outcomes, concerns, effectiveness of grants, and other important performance measures as needed
- -Leads the Grant Kickoff and monthly Grant Management Team meetings to coordinate efforts between the program area, finance staff, and other parties to ensure effective communication, including clarification of roles and responsibilities to meet all grant requirements.
- -Other duties as assigned
While the full pay range of this Job Classification is $ 66,775 – $106,840, our target hiring salary for this position is between $66,775 – $87,000 depending on education, experience and qualifications.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Experience with OMB regulations
- previous experience developing grant applications and oversight of grants
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A can-do attitude with a focus on customer experience
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
Education Requirement Bachelor's Degree in Public Administration, Management, Sociology, Psychology, Political Science, or a related field.
Experience Requirement Three (3) years of full performance professional level experience developing, implementing, and administering programs. (Some positions may require experience in a specific program area.)
Education & Experience Equivalency Two (2) years of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post-high school education. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
About Everything Else
CA1714 Program Manager
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here.
Pay Range $66,775.00 – $106,840.00