Essential Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a high quality of guest service according to Jacobs Entertainment, Inc. Mission Statement and F.A.S.T. Track Values Statement.
- Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
- Administers applicant tracking system.
- Administers performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Investigate and report occupational injuries to insurance carrier and monitor claim for return to work.
- Assists with hiring effort; assists with new-employee orientations; writes and places advertisements.
- Handles employee relations counseling and refers termination counseling to Director of HR.
- Performs administrative tasks including but not limited to maintaining company organization charts, data entry and system maintenance in HRIS.
- Maintains and audits HR Information System records, employee files and compiles reports from database.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Administers mass employee email communications.
- Administers property level company Intranet pages for human resources.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Company and departmental policies and procedures as well as the willingness to learn and follow any policy or procedure that may be introduced in the future.
- Adhere to all appearance and uniform standards.
- Maintain an open line of communication with Management.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during all interactions with guest, fellow Employees, and Vendors.
- Ability to accept performance feedback in a professional manner.
- Regular attendance and arriving on time to all scheduled shifts and mandatory meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Job Responsibilities and Duties
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following F.A.S.T. Track Principles:
- Offer a warm greeting to everyone you encounter with a smile and eye contact.
- Practice mutual respect by dealing honestly in all interactions.
- Use genuine listening skills and offer sincere responses.
- Promote positive interactions with both external and internal guests through sincere greeting and communications.
- Be approachable, listen and lead by example.
- Be proactive and positive.
- If I don’t know, I’ll find out and if we don’t have it, I’ll try to get it.
- Support and practice the F.A.S.T. Track Principles from the executive level to the front line staff level.
- Acquire knowledge, training and education. Communicate it to all employees.
- Anticipate our guests’ needs before they ask.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to improve customer service.
- Escort our guests rather than point.
- Take personal pride in the quality of your work.
- Actively seek feedback from our guests concerning our service and atmosphere.
- Share and explain information.
- Great teams consist of great performers.
- Create a culture of two-way communication with employees and guests.
- Be courteous, kind and patient with each other.
Skills, Education and Other Requirements
- A bachelor's degree and two (2) to five (5) years of Human Resources experience, OR
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in the HR field
- Experience handling requests from DOL, EEOC and DORA.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience handling Colorado unemployment hearings.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience handling Colorado workers compensation.
- Human Resources certification minimum of PHR or SHRM-CP.
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of human resources administration
- Excellent consulting skills.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
- Manage multiple conflicting priorities.
- Be flexible and available to interact with employees at all levels.
- Be self-directed and motivated.
- Take initiative to identify and anticipate client needs and make recommendations for implementation.
Required Work Cards
- Identification that establishes identity.
- Identification that establishes the right to work in the United States.
- Colorado Support Gaming License
Machinery, Work Equipment, Programs, Software, Hardware Used
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint, Publisher, Teams)
- Human Resources Information System
- Applicant Tracking Software
- Performance Management System
- Email communications software (Constant Contact)
- Text2Recruit Software
- Projector and presentation equipment
- Phone, fax, and copier
- Laminating machine