Duties include but are not limited to:
- Identifies, plans, designs and implements human resources programs, practices and activities that are strategic and support organization’s mission and goals.
- Responsible for evaluating, revising and adding HR policies and practices to ensure legal compliance with federal, state, and local requirements as well as alignment with the Foundation’s culture. Keeps updated on federal and state laws and researches HR-related topics with employment council provider and other valid resources.
- Provide proactive communication to management, supervisors, and staff on human resources policies and other employment and work related issues/topics.
- Handles staffing and recruitment for the organization including working with managers on job descriptions and job titles, posting/advertising positions, pre-screening, arranging interviews, conducting reference and background checks and extending offers. Notifies all applicants of status of their application.
- Prepares and sends offer packets to prospective new employees. Conducts reference and background check on candidates.
- Prepares new employee orientation packet including all forms and documents needed. Works with managers and others on onboarding of new employees, including conducting new employee orientation and completing new hire paperwork.
- Handles voluntary and involuntary terminations, including off boarding of employees.
- Responsible for salary administration consisting of salary surveys and analysis, establishing ranges, and conducting annual staff planning, performance management and appropriate increases. Works closely with Finance area regarding staffing, compensation and benefits.
- Responsible for benefits administration to ensure benefit package is comprehensive and complete. Promotes and provides information to staff on benefits and helps to coordinate open enrollment.
- Works directly with carriers and benefit brokers on benefit changes, issues, communication.
- Support management and employees by providing human resources advice and counsel on performance issues, personal interactions, and work environment.
- Provides an overview of the training programs offered to managers and employees; works on additional programs related to employee development and retention as needed.
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related tasks and special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in related field from an accredited college or university preferred
- Possess a minimum of five (5) years of experience in managing/performing all human resources functions within an organization; PHR or SPHR preferred
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to build trust among co-workers in all levels within the organization
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, solid knowledge of HR systems and payroll
- Experience in non-profit or university/foundations helpful.
- Experience in building relationships internally and externally with strategic partners
- Excellent customer service skills; anticipates customers’ needs and responds with creative solutions
- Excellent written & verbal communications skills; proven ability to communicate complex and/or sensitive data. Experience creating and delivering effective presentations with skill and confidence.
- High organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to evaluate complex problems and complicated challenges to provide solutions that will achieve broad objectives. Experience in taking initiative to solve issues.
- Project management experience: Plans, designs, carries out projects/tasks meeting objectives and deadlines.
- Proven experience consistently seeking opportunities for organizational improvement; devising effective change initiatives
- Embody the core values of CSMF: mutual support, integrity, respect, service
Colorado School of Mines Foundation, Inc. is committed to operating fair and unbiased recruitment procedures allowing all applicants an equal opportunity for employment, free from discrimination on the basis of religion, race, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, color, ethnic or national origin or any other classification as may be protected by applicable law. We aim to recruit the right people for the jobs we have to offer, and to assess applications on the basis of relevant skills, education and experience.