About USA Volleyball
Want to work in the Olympic Movement with one of the most successful organizations serving one of the fastest growing and exciting sports in the world? USA Volleyball is the national governing body for beach, indoor and sitting volleyball in the United States with over 360,000 members, responsible for selecting the Olympic and Paralympic volleyball teams. USA Volleyball also supports a network of regional associations, youth and junior programs, national championships, coaching and officials training, grassroots development, and the SafeSport initiative. Visit www.usavolleyball.org for more.
The Manager, Events is a regular full-time position reporting to the Director, Events. The successful candidate will be an experienced professional tasked with managing overall event operations to include but not limited to: event logistics and execution, team registration and budget management. This position requires excellent organization, communication, planning and coordination skills. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload, and propose and implement policies and procedures that are beneficial to a specific USAV population. This position answers non-routine correspondence exercising the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of constituencies. Additional hours may be required to include nights, weekends and holidays. The position is located in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities include but are not necessarily limited to:
- Assist the Director in determining the dates and sites for future Championship Events to include contract negotiation for the facility, hotels, and LOC
- Build and manage events budgets and projections for forthcoming year following corporate and events department guidelines.
- Implement Budgets within the Events Department regarding equipment and logistical needs concerning the Championship Events.
- Oversee the overall conduct of the USA Volleyball Boys’ Junior National Championships (BJNC), including administration to all bid tournaments leading into the championships.
- Manage the revision and distribution of pre-tournament information and materials, including administration to all bid tournaments leading into the championships, collection and verification of registrations, compilation and printing of programs and schedules, and distribution of results by various means; update website information for assigned events.
- Facilitate communication between the Community, Bid Tournament Directors, Junior Assembly, Competition Committee, Local Host and National Office Staff.
- Manage the contracting of independent contractors for assigned events, including identification of potential staff, transportation, lodging, stipends, and database information.
- Responsible for the administration of the Boys’ Bid Tournament Manual to ensure that all teams are in full compliance with listed rules and regulations.
- Assist in the continued development and implementation of an expanded college recruiting program for Junior Championship Events (indoor), and qualification tournaments.
- Collection, analysis and coordination of onsite equipment needs (heavy equipment, copiers, publications’, computers, ice, towels, etc…) for assigned events.
- Research, update and send RFPs to potential companies in assigned Championship city.
- Contract and coordinate services for the assigned event (decorator, computers and printers, security, heavy equipment, ice, catering, sports medicine, internet, bleachers etc.…)
- Oversee ordering process for event related materials to include game balls, event staff VIK, banners, marketing supplies, etc.
- Manage pre-tournament ticket process to include choosing and setting up ticket portal; customer service; ordering wristbands; inventorying wristbands; assist in setting ticket price points.
- Manage coordination with other USAV departments for all Championship events for such services as webcasting, finance, PR, IT etc.
- Supervise all on-site aspects of the assigned event as the tournament’s Event Director. Maintain and improve overall quality of event Pay invoices for assigned Championship event in a timely manner.
- Assist with hiring new event department employees to include updating job descriptions, collecting and reviewing resumes, maintain communication with potential hires or interns, schedule interviews and assist with final selection.
- Assist with Events VIK inventory, ordering & organization of VIK storage.
- Serve as a liaison between USAV and event registration system for the team ranking system.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, Business or Sport Administration or related degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum five years of event management experience.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience providing exceptional customer service.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be a self-starter with initiative and focus on details.
- Must be able to successfully pass a USAV background screening (prior to hire date)
- Must successfully complete SafeSport Certification within two weeks of hire date
Minimum Starting Salary:
$46,3000 – Commensurate with experience
USAV also offers a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees.
Applications accepted online only. Applications must be received by no later than November 14, 2018.