We are looking for a Manager of Community Programs and Events to join the Community Impact team. This position will manage and implement short-term community programs and one-time events, as well as lead the strategic outreach of all Denver Broncos player engagement in the community. The Manager of Community Programs & Events will manage the programs and events team, serving as an integral member of the Denver Broncos Community Impact leadership team, modeling the core values of community stewardship, telling the Broncos’ community story and acting as a liaison with the NFL regarding various community and social responsibility initiatives.
- Lead and manage the strategic outreach of all Denver Broncos player engagement in the community by cultivating relationships with the roster, assessing passion areas for players and aligning them to community work, recruiting and scheduling players for organizational community participation including but not limited to: health & wellness initiatives, in and out of school programming, holiday programs, youth mentorship, My Cause My Cleats, Inspire Change and more.
- Manage the Sr. Coordinator and Coordinator of Community Programs & Events to ensure employees model core values of community stewardship by planning, assigning and delegating work; recruiting, hiring, and onboarding employees, appraising performance and addressing concerns and resolving problems as they occur.
- Engage in a leadership capacity of the Community Impact team by participating in department-wide brainstorming, contributing to strategic planning and programs, and helping to maintain the direction of the organization’s mission in the community. Take the lead execution role on select events, programs, and initiatives that are high-priority, high-visibility, organization-wide.
- Develop and implement the Broncos’ Community Impact communication strategy by articulating the organization’s mission in the community while creating a platform for true community impact. Oversee the generation of and approval for all community-related content (press releases, website, team publications, social media accounts, etc.).
- Serve as an advisory member by invitation of the Denver Broncos Foundation Board of Directors by providing insight on various community needs, projects, and by actively participating in select board meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, or another related field
- 4+ years' experience/training in community/public relations
- Previous supervisory experience
- Previous experience working with professional and/or collegiate athletes
- Cover letter, resume and references are required.
- 2 years' experience within the sports industry (Pro, College, full-time, part-time)
- Non-profit, fundraising and/or community service experience
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent time-management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, attention to detail and capacity to thrive in pressure situations
- Ability to work nights/weekends as needed and keep a flexible schedule
- Demonstrated effectiveness in relationship building and program implementation·
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel
- Ability to interact with players, staff, and the community in a professional manner
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from community/business partners
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and Boards of Directors
- Proven experience to appropriately work with and around confidential information is necessary
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the expected salary range for this position is $62,000 – $72,000. This position will be located at the Training Center in Englewood, CO and must be available for a flexible schedule and to work all Broncos games and nights/weekends as needed.
A writing assignment will be sent to those that make it to the next step of the process.
The Denver Broncos Football Club offers a robust suite of benefits for our Staff including: Sick/Personal time, Vacation time, 401(K) matching program, Paid Holidays, affordable Health, Dental & Vision coverage, Basic Life and AD&D Insurance, Voluntary Life and AD&D, Health and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program, and more!
This job posting will remain open until we have identified an adequate applicant pool. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early.