At OZ, our vision is to be energized by an ethos that empowers freedom to take risk and push the industry. We will evolve our practice without limits to be significantly diverse and unique.
We will do this in a culture that is supported by the following core values:
- Uphold the OZ Continuum: As caretakers of a firm which existed before us and will continue after us, we will nurture and lead to reach beyond today’s vision.
- Pioneering: We have the courage to explore, provoke forward thought and be exceptional.
- Make others successful: Friendship over formality. We embrace healthy conflict while putting others over ourselves. We strive to exceed without limits and keep promises.
- An Attitude of Openness: Approaching opportunities with a beginner’s mind allows us the capacity to see potential and be a humble expert.
- Stewardship of Our Communities: We are engaged, altruistic and influential in the communities we serve.
We are an award-winning architecture, urban design, and interior design firm that has consistently been named one of the best places to work in Denver and Colorado. We are passionate about our mission of creating inspired environments through the free exchange of ideas and are looking for like-minded, collaborative, and talented professionals to join our great team!
Connect. Collaborate. Create.
OZ Architecture is known locally, nationally and globally for innovative and award-winning architecture. We have a 55-year history and are an anchor in Denver’s creative community with our design studio located in the thriving arts neighborhood of RiNo (River North Arts District). Our culture is casual, entrepreneurial and collaborative, and we promote cross-pollination between practice areas – which is to say that at OZ you won’t get stuck in a silo doing the same type of work over and over. We have a wide range of practice areas and encourage our staff to explore each of them and find the niche that suits their passion.
We reward hard work and are focused on providing our employees with opportunities to advance. We also emphasize giving back to our local community and building strong personal bonds with each other, because everyone knows that all work and no play gets old, real fast. That’s why we have a kickball team, sketch club, community service program, health-wellness activities, employee art show, office dogs and regular Nerf wars!
OZ Architecture is proud to have been selected for various architectural, interior design, and Best Companies/Top Workplace awards over recent years. To take a closer look at our awards, the variety and breadth of our work, and learn more about our people and culture, click here .
This role leads and works closely with professionals within a high-performance culture and mentors individuals to inspire their best performance. The Marketing Manager, Creative is an excellent manager of process, marketing procedures, tools and technologies. Communication and presentation skills are paramount. Guides creative design for the firms’ marketing needs that include developing, producing and implementing project specific and non-project specific marketing deliverables. This role requires a personable and instructive talents with the ability to assist the firm’s employees with presenting OZ’s services in a brand compliant, differentiating and compelling way. The individual must have strong leadership, advanced design skills and management competencies as well as tight organizational skills.
This position Reports to the Director of Marketing and leads and mentors Marketing Coordinators and Assistant Marketing Coordinators.
Marketing Department Development
- Furthers the Marketing and Business development goals of the firm via exemplary design of marketing and business development efforts
- Provides a vision and direction for OZ brand-oriented marketing coordination
- Customizes and implements creative and graphic design
- Develops and implements processes, procedures, tools & technology
- Drive continuous design and OZ marketing process improvement
- Coordinates design activities, establishes design guidelines, and provides project oversight
- Maintain awareness of new products, services, strategies and tools to improve marketing deliverables
- Manage internal and external deadlines in relation to marketing management responsibilities
- Assist and support the workload of the team as a whole
- Contribute to having well-organized and effective team meetings
- Coach teammates to meet Role Profile expectations
- Participate in the team’s employee review process
- Create and support Employee Development Plans (EDP) for self and others
- Execute employee training, development, and mentoring
- Participate in new employee on-boarding and training
Marketing Department Creativity and Marketing Deliverable Production
Promote the firm-wide marketing objectives/plan via owning and curating our brand’s assets and overall design approach, including
- Logos, Tag Lines
- Look, feel and overall design of OZ quals, proposals and additional presentations
- General Brochures and Look-books
- Firm I.D. Package
- Firm Announcements / Newsletters
- Industry Award Submittals
- Manage the quality of the firm’s Proposal, RFQ, RFP and Interview process including comprehensiveness, accuracy, on-time delivery, quality of copy / writing and graphic design
- Act as liaison with clients, consultants and vendors to obtain marketing material, scheduling proofs, and coordinating delivery of materials.
- Assist with the proactive upkeep of the Proposal Database
- Participate in a weekly BD & Marketing Meeting focused on:
- Project specific marketing deliverables
- Non – Project Specific Marketing Deliverables
- Measurement & Improvement
- Project specific marketing deliverables
Assist and participate in project pursuit follow-up with the marketing team as needed
- Proposal data base
- Win-Loss Report
- Debrief Process
Core Competencies and Skill Sets
- Advanced design creation and graphic skills
- Effective organizational and project management skills
- Ability to drive the marketing process and objectives across the firm
- Help establish vision and direction for marketing design
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Strong presentation and training skills
- Knowledge of design processes, procedures, tools & technology
- Desire for continuous improvement and coach staff to success
- Ability to manage multiple activities and deadlines
- Able to lead well-organized and effective meetings
- Strong understanding of team roles and responsibilities
- Ability to assess motivation and strengths of team members
- Knowledge of Web-Site protocol
- Copy writing – proofing skills
- Strong creative skills with graphic design and layout capabilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Graphic Design, or Communications
- 5 or more years coordinating marketing and graphic activities for a professional services firm
- 3 or more years marketing experience in the A/E/C industry
- Proficient in various computer applications:
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Deltek Vision (preferred, not required)
- Understanding of website and social media marketing applications