The Royal Gorge Route Railroad is a premiere scenic destination that hosts more than 125,000 guests annually on a 24-mile round-trip train ride through the majestic Royal Gorge. The train is located 45-minutes southwest of Colorado Springs, in Cañon City, Colorado and is considered one of the top scenic trains in the nation and is the Royal Gorge Region’s number one destination attraction.
The train, which was resurrected in 1999 by the former owners of the Georgetown Loop Railroad, has been successful by developing a variety of classes of service and price points, which captures much of the tourism market available in the Royal Gorge Region. It’s like no other scenic line in Colorado, because guest satisfaction is paramount and second only to safety. Quality food, outstanding service, and the spectacular scenery of the Royal Gorge also put this scenic railroad in a class by itself. The Royal Gorge Route is owned and operated by a private Colorado Corporation and has been led by hands-on owners and a working management team.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a team member of the Royal Gorge Route Railroad. We are accepting applications for the below positions.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
Human Resources Manager: The Royal Gorge Route Railroad is hiring a Human Resources Manager. The ideal candidate will have three years or more of related experience in a fast paced environment. Responsibilities include recruiting and selecting qualified employees, completing new hire orientations, performance reviews, employee relations, updating and maintaining company handbook and policies, and managing compliance. Other duties will include overseeing employee benefit packages, maintaining timekeeping records and processing payroll, unemployment and adhering to FRA drug and alcohol testing program, promoting a safe workplace, and other related functions.Strong accounting knowledge is a plus.
Wedding & Events Coordinator: The Royal Gorge Mansion & Carriage House, now owned by the Royal Gorge Route Railroad (formerly known as The Robison Mansion) is hiring a Wedding & Events Coordinator. Experience required. Compensation very competitive.
Applications may also be picked up at 330 Royal Gorge Blvd in Canon City.
Thank you for your interest in working with us.
We would like to familiarize you with some of the Royal Gorge Route Railroad’s basic goals:
- Safety and care of our passengers is of greatest importance
- Our railroad offers scenic and historic train rides, first class dining and an experience that exceeds our guest’s expectations. Therefore, we view guest relations and outstanding customer service as an integral part of every aspect of the business.
- We operate the most successful destination attraction in the region by providing an outstanding experience that brings our guests back time and time again.
- The Royal Gorge Route Railroad deals with the public on a daily basis. We are “Safety First” conscious and people oriented. We are committed to maintain a drug-free workplace. This means that we do not tolerate the possession of drugs or alcohol on the premises, nor do we permit our staff to work under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- We are a smoke free workplace and do not permit employees to smoke on the premises.
- If you are interested in wait staff employment, proof of age is required because alcoholic beverages are sold on the train.
- If you are interested at all in working for us you must have proof of maturity.
- For additional information about policy, ask to see the Royal Gorge Route Railroad handbook.
Be sure to answer all questions completely, even if you enclose a resume. If a question does not apply to you, mark it “N/A” so we know you didn’t miss the question.
- Any questions you have on the application should be asked before you complete the application. Please feel free to call with your questions. Then carefully read the final statement before signing the application.
- We will not consider an incomplete or unsigned application.