Part-time Marketing Specialist (30 hours)
At the Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus, we believe in kid-powered learning. Every day, our expertly designed exhibits and programs open doors for Colorado’s curious young minds to express what they know and to discover, create and explore more—on their own terms.
The Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus is seeking a part-time Marketing Specialist (30 hours per week). This position will work directly with the marketing team on all Museum-related marketing, communications and public relations. This role will have a digital marketing focus with strong attention to graphic design and layout, photography and videography. Position reports to Director of Marketing and Membership.
Application Deadline: January 10, 2017
$15 per hour, plus benefits
Job responsibilities include assisting with all Museum promotions to maintain the organizational brand, including but not limited to:
- Creating basic Museum collateral
- Photo/Video support for Museum promotions
- Social media strategy and implementation
- Website maintenance
- Writing and editing internal and external communications
- Public relations and media efforts
- Supporting all departments for marketing, public relations and advertising needs
- Attending offsite meetings, and making deliveries and pick-ups
- Other duties, as assigned
- B.A. degree with a minimum 2 years of experience in marketing, advertising or related field
- Strong computer skills; fluent in Microsoft Office; Adobe Creative Suite; Social Media; E-mail Marketing Software; Content Management Systems
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Must have a car and valid driver’s license with proof of current insurance
- Flexible schedule required – some weekend and evening hours
- Strong organizational skills
Necessary skills include, but are not limited to:
- Confident, assertive and responsible
- Exceptional organizational and administrative skills
- Excellent at multi-tasking and flexible
- Work well with deadlines and under pressure
- Basic media knowledge and comfortable with public speaking
- Enjoy fast-paced environment
- Work well independently and with a team
Please send a cover letter, resume, (2) writing and (2) design samples to: Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus, ATTN: Marketing Specialist, 2121 Children’s Museum Drive, Denver, CO 80211 or to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Marketing Specialist. No phone calls please.
The Museum is a stimulating and team-oriented environment. The Museum welcomes applications from a diverse pool of candidates.