Congresswoman Diana DeGette
Senior Congressional Aide
Congresswoman Diana DeGette’s (CO-1) district office in Denver, Colorado is seeking a Senior Congressional Aide. The ideal candidate will have at least two (2) years of experience in community outreach and experience working with the news media.
The position requires a person with superior communication (verbal and writing). The ideal candidate is innovative and detail-oriented and resilient in the face of a fast-paced and ever changing environment. This position requires a person who is proactive and comfortable working with community leaders, government officials, colleagues and citizens.
The Senior Congressional Aide is the lead staff member on community outreach and press relations, represents the Congresswoman in assigned issue areas, acts as a liaison to assigned constituency groups and provides federal casework assistance to constituents.
- Identifies critical issues and works with colleagues to develop and convene events that bring the Congresswoman together with key stakeholders and constituents;
- Identifies leaders, organizations and key constituencies for the office to work with;
- Engages local media regarding district office activities;
- Leads staff in the development of new ideas and public events in accordance with the strategic plan;
- Coordinates the development of outward facing events.
- Tracks data and prepares reports on office activities;
- Manages casework portfolio and correspondence, meets with constituents and serves as a liaison with federal, state and local agencies in assigned issue areas;
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION:
- Background / experience in media relations or communications;
- Experience organizing events and managing staff;
- Experience working for an elected official or high level executive;
- US citizen with valid US driver’s license;
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Salary Commensurate with experience;
- Employer pays 75% of employee premium for medical insurance;
- Three-tiered retirement system (Social Security, Basic Benefit Plan (pension plan) and Thrift Savings Plan (401 (k);
- Paid vacation, sick and holidays and student loan repayment program.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Congressional Aide” in the subject line. No phone calls please.