Position Title: Special Events Manager
Reports to: Marketing Director
Position Available: March 1, 2019
Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is seeking an exceptional candidate for the position of Special Events Manager in the Marketing Department. This candidate will have a minimum of three years’ experience in executing professional, public large-scale events. Execution includes budget management, long-range planning, soliciting vendors and sponsors, and all event logistics. Candidate must be extremely organized with strong documentation skills. Candidate must also be an unbridled optimist and a self-starter who can work with minimal supervision. This is a full-time exempt position that typically works Monday through Friday, but evenings and weekends are required as needed for events. Come join our fun and fast-paced team! View full job description (attached). The position is available March 1, 2019.
To apply: Please send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements (all three are required for consideration) to Jenny Koch, marketing director, at email@example.com. Please type "Special Events Manager Candidate" in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the planning, execution and evaluation of established large-scale events, as well as creating and facilitating new events during the low season. Manages Zoo promotions to build attendance. Works closely with the Graphic Designer, Public Relations and Social Media team and Marketing Director. Promotes professional working relationships with both internal and external customers. Adheres to and supports all organizational policies and procedures and standards. Promotes teamwork!
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Mid-level special event experience (minimum of 3-5 years) is required
- Demonstrated familiarity and ability to plan and execute large-scale special events (1,000 attendees or more)
- Experience with online ticketing/POS systems preferred.
- Must submit to and pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screening and criminal background check.
- Ability to take the lead on assigned projects and adhere to deadlines
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrate the ability to interact clearly and effectively with both internal and external customers.
- Must be able to provide proof that you can legally work in the United States.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers, vendors, Zoo staff, and the public.
- Must have a high attention to detail while prioritizing effectively.
- High energy for a fast-paced work environment
- Computer Proficiency in Word, Excel, internet and email required. Experience with data management systems (Altru/Blackbaud or similar) is preferred.
- Ability to research, draw conclusions, and summarize data for discussion and review
- Take ownership and pride in responsibilities
- Possess the ability to organize and prioritize while working with strict deadlines
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Ensure discretion with confidential information.
- Maintains courteous, helpful and professional behavior on the job. Will support the success of the entire team by promoting a collaborative work environment.
- Adheres to all CM Zoo Policies and Procedures, CM Zoo Safety Policies and Procedures and OSHA safety guidelines.
- Consistently contributes to problem-solving and cooperates with identified resolutions.
- Must demonstrate regular attendance and punctuality.
- Brings issues and process improvement ideas to the attention of the Supervisor.
- Maintains verbal and written skills required for the position.
- Attends meetings and participates in committees as required.
- Completes trainings as required.
- Adheres to Company Dress Code Policy. Always “Zoo Crisp!”
- Demonstrates appropriate level of time management in support of co-workers and the entire team.
- Represent the Zoo in a professional manner
- Takes lead role in the planning, development, promotion, execution and evaluation of all Zoo marketing events. Manages budgets, timelines, vendors, volunteers, event logistics. (There is an average of 7-9 large scale events per year orchestrated by Marketing Department).
- Solicits and services event sponsors, ensuring they receive all promised exposure and value.
- Works to grow existing events such as Boo at the Zoo and Electric Safari by enhancing the guest experience, increasing event attendance and minimizing event costs.
- Works with members of all departments to execute events and promotions unique to their department (animal birthday parties, baby naming contests, conservation effort awareness, etc.).
- Creates and establishes new off-season promotions to drive attendance during low season.
- Works with the Zoo webmaster to ensure that special events and promotions are correctly posted and publicized on our website. Also responsible for keeping the events calendar up to date, both on the website and on the Zoo’s internal calendar.
- Ensures that events are properly documented with logistical and promotional photos/videos.
- Responsible for online ticketing options and for tracking attendance results and trends.
- Assists with public relations duties such as media/VIP tours, press functions, etc. as necessary.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Must be a self-starter, take initiative, prioritize effectively, maintain an exceptional level of proficiency under high degree of pressure and be able to work with limited supervision.
EXTERNAL AND INTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
Must be a cooperative and collaborative member of the team and able to handle interruptions and requests for information and assistance from employees with an attitude of good customer service.
ACCURACY AND EFFECTIVE TIME MANAGEMENT
The need for timeliness for other required activities creates pressure. The ability to prioritize tasks and use time effectively is essential.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
This position handles highly sensitive information. Total confidentiality and discretion are mandatory regarding business information and other sensitive information.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands and working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Requirements – Requires full range of body motion, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination; requires the ability to use department equipment, to communicate effectively; requires standing, walking on a steep terrain (Zoo), sitting (possibly for long periods of time) and performing repetitive tasks (including working on the computer) for up to the entire work day; requires the ability to lift/carry up to 50 pounds using appropriate body mechanics.
- Visual, Hearing and Communication Requirements – Requires corrected vision and hearing to within normal range, with or without reasonable accommodation. Must be able to communicate effectively in verbal and written form with all levels of personnel within and outside of the organization.
- Environmental Conditions – Working in a closed office environment. Work space may be shared. Working conditions may be noisy with fluctuating indoor and/or outdoor temperatures. May be exposed to a risk of bodily injury through contact with moving instrumentation, substances and other conditions common to an office environment. Subject to exposure to animals which may have the potential for physical aggression. May be exposed to a risk of bodily injury through contact with moving instrumentation, toxic substances, bodily fluids, animal attack, communicable diseases, outdoor weather conditions and other conditions common in a Zoo environment. Subject to unpleasant odors.
- Pressure Factor – Requires working under stressful conditions. Moderate pressure to meet scheduled and recurring deadlines.