LENA Research Foundation (LENA) was founded with the unwavering belief that all parents and caregivers can unlock children’s social, emotional and cognitive potential. At LENA, we focus our technology and systems on increasing interactive talk because it has been proven to be a key factor in early brain development, enabling children to be more prepared to succeed in school and life.
LENA is a non-traditional nonprofit and the Strategic Partnerships Manager is a non-traditional role. You will cultivate new relationships, manage projects to deepen and broaden our impact while leveraging an entrepreneurial mindset, and ultimately ensure that LENA can serve more parents, caregivers, and children.
LENA is at an exciting point in our history. Our suite of solutions, from our parent group model to our professional development model for early childhood educators, is taking hold and we’ll be expanding significantly over the next three years. We must nurture our existing partnerships across the country and engage new partners to support bold initiatives central to our growth. Our goal is to be serving more than 10,000 families a year by 2020!
In this role, you will:
- Evaluate, engage and cultivate new relationships with partners, implementers, and funders
- Ensure timely prep and follow-up with strategic partners, teeing up LENA leadership at critical junctures
- Synthesize information, prepare materials, and accurately summarize opportunities for strategic philanthropic support.
- Collaborate with LENA staff and current implementation partners to develop and execute project plans that support growth and regional expansion
- Seamlessly work with the marketing team to put together materials to tell our story effectively and ensure positioning and messaging align
- Help plan, execute, and ensure follow-up of special events including our biennial LENA Conference
You will be successful in this role if you:
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and can juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Understand and commit to the mission of LENA Research Foundation
- Excel in prioritizing and managing projects. We need a systems thinker and a get-it-done leader!
- Are highly organized with superior attention to detail
- Possess a creative, innovative, and entrepreneurial mindset
- Have outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and eager to navigate new situations
- Ideally, understand the field of early childhood and possess knowledge of the partners and funders in the space
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field plus 4 years of work experience
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life/disability, HSA/FSA, 401(k), & Paid Time Off and a competitive salary. To learn more about us, please visit www.lena.org.