Administer payroll services activity specific to Stagehand labor for the Division of Arts & Venues including Red Rocks, the Denver Coliseum, and the Denver Performing Arts Complex. Provide administrative support to Theatrical Services Management.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process daily stagehand payroll/ billing reports to SMG Finance.
- Work closely with Theatrical Services payroll technician to meet daily payroll deadlines and ensure timely information to all entities (Arts & Venues, IATSE, SMG).
- Assist the Theatrical Services Payroll Supervisor to process and manage all labor calls and event billing estimates in the required timelines.
- Assist in Input and Maintaining House Crew schedules.
- Work closely with SMG Finance and Production Managers (SMG & A&V) relating to Stagehand payroll issues.
- Work closely with Theatrical Services Manager relating to Stagehand employee issues.
- Assist in tracking and training, as needed, scheduling and daily labor sign-in process for all Stagehand labor.
- Assist in TS administrative / payroll representation at venues as needed.
- Prepare and tracking all show event documents including post event summaries and equipment rentals.
- Assisting in maintaining all current forms and publications, including venue tech guides, vendor information and client books, Stagehand Resource site and FTP site.
- Assist with annual refresher training and meetings, coordinate venue safety walks and track / update JHA's.
- Can be assigned events as needed and will perform Production Manager duties on those events.
- Monitor application of SMG/ IATSE collective bargaining agreement.
- Assist with distribution of schedules, PTO and other TS information and postings.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires a high amount of driving to City locations during events, must have dependable transportation.
- College Degree Payroll/accounting experience recommended.
- Demonstrate excellent communication (verbal and written) and inter-personal skills among all levels of staff and clientele, required
- Ability to speak, understand, and read standard English, required;
- Work effectively with diverse groups of people among all levels within an organization; skill to work effectively as part of a team, required
- Perform leadership role and job tasks effectively despite sudden deadlines and changing priorities, required
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills, required
- Provide customer service in a professional considerate manner, required
- Excellent record of dependability and reliability, required
- Basic computer skills including ability to create word documents and excel spreadsheets, required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position may require certifications by law and/or job assignment. Must have valid driver's license and mode of transportation; position does include extensive travel to/from each venue. Position requires frequent walking, climbing stairs, standing on cement floors, turning, stooping, bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, pushing and pulling; may be subject to adverse working conditions; dust, grime, noise, fumes, wet floors etc., including weather; may require use of an electric cart; may require tools and equipment operation that could cause personal harm or injury, if improperly handled; requires irregular and/or extended hours, including weekends, evening, and holidays, determined by event schedule and/or department need; requires radio usage — 2 way hand held.
The essential responsibilities of each position are described under the headings in the job description and may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation, or other reasons. The job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Applicants who need reasonable accommodation to complete the application process may contact 303-228-8000.
Colorado Convention Center/SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Closing Date: November 28, 2018