Date: Mar 22, 2019
Location: BROOMFIELD, CO, US, 80021
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
The Vice President (VP) of Customer Service is in charge of the company's customer service team, including all aspects of its day-to-day management
- Leads our North America Customer Care Mgmt teams supporting Wholesale, Indirect, Inside/SMB, Medium Enterprise and Content Customer Care delivery teams and supports the communication flow between sales and delivery teams.
- Responsible for company’s long-term success by strategically positioning the Customer Care organization to provide an exceptional customer experience, effectively manage customer retention, and drive revenue growth.
- Leads a team of Management personnel, and is responsible for customer relationship management and tools that drive and maintain customer retention to required levels.
- Responsible for defining and identifying the people, processes and technology required to deploy customer service best practices for customer retention and revenue growth.
- Provides thought leadership and has frequent interaction with cross organizational Senior Leadership and the Executive Management Team
- Builds a high performance team. Hires and retains the right talent in the right roles. Develops and empowers direct reports to make decisions and take action. Demonstrates Company’s values, maintains a positive open demeanor and encourages different points of view, moves team forward through change. Provides timely information; communicates context for business decisions; recognizes accomplishments; fosters teamwork and collaboration.
- Utilize Key Performance Indicators to ensure overall management throughout the service delivery process resulting in improved Customer satisfaction
- Develops short-term and long-term objectives, goals and strategies that raise and maintain customer service factors, customer retention and customer revenue. Assists staff to define, meet and exceed overall customer service goals, objectives and strategies that will ultimately be measured by customer revenue and retention performance.
- Promotes and implements initiatives in support of industry leading benchmarks for measuring exceptional customer service and customer retention factors. Prepares service improvement plans in response to consumer satisfaction survey results.
- Oversees the development and supports training programs and curriculums that focus on customer satisfaction and retention. Drives the optimal use of customer service tools and technology for value added data collection. Assists in defining data reporting requirements that measure key internal metrics that directly correlate to customer satisfaction. Leads the implementation of technologies that produce accurate, value-added reporting that provide relevant information to customer satisfaction
- Defines and is accountable to overall budget, staffing requirements, spending strategies, and P&L (profit and loss) that provide for growth, yet drives cost efficiencies.
- Strategic identification and implementation of major initiatives that have significant cross organizational impact. Drives continuous improvement practices across the customer service organization by working with key internal stakeholders, including methods and procedures (M&Ps), Service Improvement Plans (SIPs), etc.
- Responsible for customer engagement activities to include but not limited to customer meetings, escalations, executive read-outs and related customer relationship management activities.
Other Job Requirements
- MBA or related graduate degree preferred.
- 12 plus years of customer service experience with at least 5-6 years in increasingly responsible management positions in telecommunications or high tech industry
- Solid business acumen * Demonstrated success in building cross-functional teams * Track record in driving “continuous improvement” processes
- High integrity and strong business ethics
- Team player with a great passion to succeed Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Business travel required.
- Familiar in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), MS Project, Sharepoint.
- Ability to think strategically Possess current understanding of telecommunications technologies
- Demonstrated ability to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Nearest Major Market:Denver
Job Segment:Telecom, Telecommunications, Consulting, Developer, Customer Service, Technology