Summer of Service (SOS) is an intensive, team-based, 13 week-long program. Corpsmembers serve on conservation and environmental stewardship projects on public lands throughout Colorado: the Southern Front Range Region or Denver Metro Region (Choose which region you’d like to apply to when selecting your application). Corpsmembers have the choice to serve on a variety of crews: Sawyer Crew, Hand Crew, or Womxn’s Crew.
This is a temporary position from May 12–August 7, 2020.
– Biweekly Stipend: Earn a total living stipend of $4939.97. The stipend will be paid every two weeks.
– AmeriCorps Education Award: Earn a scholarship of $1,612.43 upon successful completion of the term (450 hours of service). This award can be used to pay tuition or pay back qualifying student loans.
– Trainings: Tool training and hands-on technical training related to all projects.
– Education: Lessons focused on environmental stewardship, leadership, civic engagement and college/career prep that will prepare you for life after MHYC.
– Student Loan Forbearance: Corpsmembers can apply to put their qualified federal student loans on hold during their term through the National Service Trust.
– Health Insurance: May be eligible for health insurance the 1st of the month after serving at MHYC for sixty days.
– Must be between the ages of 18-24 and able to legally serve in the United States.
– High school or GED graduate or still enrolled.
– Must be eligible for enrollment in AmeriCorps as a US Citizen, National or Lawful Permanent Resident.
– Must be physically fit, able to lift 50 lbs., spend 8-10 hours a day in all weather conditions (e.g., sun, heat, wind, rain, etc.) and hike 7 miles with a day-pack.
– Pre-service National Service Criminal History Check required. May be subject to FBI Background Check, which includes fingerprinting.
– Pre-service drug screen required.