Responsible for providing support, services and communications to help members of our professional association engage and have the information and tools to provide the best possible care to their patients.The Member Services & Communications Manager is responsible for a wide range of programs, initiatives, support, communications and messaging for a professional association representing more than 600 optometrists in Colorado. Responsibilities include membership sales, support, services, engagement and retention; managing continuing educational programs, and the annual conference; communications including social and traditional media; and administrative support.
This position requires excellent customer service as the first contact for all incoming calls and email communications. The position also requires exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, ease with multi-tasking, and the ability to manage operational and administrative systems. Excellent writing and communication skills are essential to oversee public relations as well as web site, newsletter, mailings and other member communications. Start date is anticipated early May.
Key responsibilities include:
• Develop, increase, maintain and process all aspects of association members. Fulfill member requests for information, serving as a knowledgeable, valuable, concise resource. Provide support for committees. Develop membership marketing strategy.
• Ensure accuracy of information in database.
• Processes membership billing and payments and manages collections.
• Communications with members and the public. Manage web site, social media, newsletters, e-blasts, press releases, news stories, annual directory, flyers and collateral materials. Includes planning, writing and editing.
• Manage the planning and logistics of the annual conference and the annual awards program. Help with other events throughout the year, including golf tournament, and society meetings.
• Support the continuing education programs and processing of certificates.
• Secure sponsorship and exhibitors for programs.
• Board of trustee and committee administrative support as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree with a major preferred in English, journalism, communications, marketing or related field
• Minimum 2 years relevant experience preferably in customer service, event management, marketing or communications
• Ability to work well under pressure and within short deadlines while managing multiple priorities with accuracy.
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Proven ability to present complex information in ways that are easy to understand
• Self-starter with a strong desire to learn and a strong work ethic
• Proficiency of all Microsoft Office Suite products, i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficient typing skills with accuracy. Knowledge of web site programs.
• Association experience a plus.
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits. Some evenings and occasional weekend or travel may be required. Telecommuting is not an option. We are looking for someone to join our team in downtown Denver, one-half block to Light-rail stop. We have a quiet office requiring self-direction and helping each other. Competitive salary commensurate with experience and skills. Benefits include paid health and dental, holidays, vacation, and RTD pass.
How To Apply:
Send ALL of the following: Cover Letter, Resume, and Salary Requirements by Sunday April 21 to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.