The Certification Manager establishes ACS as the expert in cheese industry standards by developing and managing the most respected and meaningful professional designations in the industry while adhering to the highest credentialing ethics and standards.
The Certification Manager manages all aspects of certification program/exam development, planning, budgeting, contractors, coordination, production, assessment, data, ongoing maintenance and delivery of all association professional certification programs, including:
• Certified Cheese Professional (CCP®), launched August 2012
• Certified Cheese Sensory Evaluator (CCSE™), launched July 2018
• Certified Cheesemaker (CCM™), in development, to launch July 2020 or 2021
The Certification Manger:
• serves as Staff Liaison to the Certification Committee
• coordinates and manages the Authorized Educator Program ensuring eligibility of participants, accuracy of information, and consistency of required materials/training
• collaborates with the Marketing & Communications Director to raise public awareness and elevate the profile of cheese industry professionals through outreach, events, creative programs, and strategic alliances with related industries and organizations
• works in close collaboration with other ACS staff, industry Subject Matter Experts, and committee members.