• Provides clinical support to clinic assistants, health educators, front desk staff and providers.
• Consistently, accurately and objectively documents patient interactions and other information in patient electronic health record. Completes vital signs, notes allergies and completes all other pertinent paperwork. Charts lab results, sends reminder notices and other notes. Charting is accurate, timely, and appropriate.
• Provides case management per the CCM program: case selection (determining the need for intervention through information gathering), problem identification (assessing problems and potential interventions), planning (designing plans of care that reflect immediate, short-range, and ongoing needs and interventions), coordination (providing high-risk enrollees with appropriate and timely services), monitoring (periodic reassessment to determine necessary care plan modification), and evaluation (determining cost, quality of life, and quality of care outcomes) as part of the care team.
• Provides Nurse Flip visits as an acute or Title X visit according to a carefully composed set of algorithms. Visits may include Plan B, birth control counseling, URI, UTI, wound care, and other types of visits based upon the nurse flip protocols and scope of practice.
• Phone triage for existing patients per triage protocols.
• Focuses on quality customer service for all patients, coworkers, volunteers and partners outside SCCC.
• Participates in the Clinic’s QI/QA Program as directed by supervisor. This may include: collection, reporting and/or review of quality data and participation in performance improvement projects.
• Provides clinical and non-clinical in-services for SCCC staff.
• Assists clinic assistants with checking and documenting patient phone messages and prescription refill phone line. Processes prescription refills according to protocol.
• Assists medical providers with patient procedures and testing as needed.
• Assists Clinic Nurse Manager and Chief Medical Officer with projects as assigned.
• Maintains compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration regulations. Responsible for maintaining knowledge of such regulations and for the application of such guidelines in the workplace.
• Maintains all aspects of patient confidentiality according to HIPAA requirements.
• Refers and consults with other professionals as needed.
• Educates patients and family members about health care issues.
• Attends Staff Meetings and/or reads the minutes.
• Actively participates as a member of the integrated health care team, working conjunctively with the Care Team, Dental and Behavioral Health departments to ensure seamless, multidisciplinary patient care.
• Maintains a current and working knowledge of the scope of practice allowed to nursing staff; always working within the scope and not above or outside of scope of practice.
• Assist on current grants with the expectation you may be the lead nurse for a grant. Current grants include but are not limited to:
o Title X
• Thoroughly and accurately document each patient visit and contact in Aprima.
• Works constructively with Clinic staff to ensure smooth operation of the medical program.
• Performs other related job duties as assigned by the Medical Director.