About Denver Inner City Parish:
Denver Inner City Parish welcomes and empowers people in need through support, determination and community. We have been consistently renewing and enhancing lives since 1960. The ultimate goal of the DICP is to strengthen Denver’s working poor community members so they become more self-sufficient and are equipped with the skills to break the cycle of poverty in their families, neighborhoods and communities.
This position reports to the Executive Director and oversees all of the accounting and human resources functions for the organization. The ideal candidate will have technical knowledge in bookkeeping and financial matters for non-profit organizations as well as organizational skills, the ability to maintain confidentiality, work independently and juggle competing priorities. They will have excellent written and oral communication skills and be able to explain technical accounting reports to non-accounting staff.
Specific responsibilities include:
– Manage Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable
– Process semi-monthly Payroll, payroll taxes and all quarterly and annual reports
– Provides all bookkeeping needs for the organization
– Manage employee benefits and all HR issues
– Maintain employee files reflecting salary increases, deduction garnishments, payroll exceptions and W-2 withholdings, exercising a high level of confidentiality
– Update and write accounting and HR Policies & Procedures
– Prepare grant reimbursement requests
– Reconcile bank and investment accounts
– Prepare monthly financials
– Present financial statements to executive staff, finance committee, and board monthly
– Prepare and implement the annual budget
– Oversee the completion of the annual external audit
– Additional program-related accounting tasks as needed
– Bachelor’s in accounting or master’s degree in accounting or nonprofit management preferred
– At least 3 years of accounting/finance experience in non-profit sector
– An understanding of accounting principles & GAAP requirements
– Proficient in QuickBooks
– Proficient with Microsoft Office products – emphasis on Excel
– High level of attention to detail
Compensation: DOE, with generous paid time off and benefits package.